Menu

Spin off thread- what is your fav classic TV show?

SO, the bad kids thread made me think-

yes, TV is much different from when any of us were kids/ teens.

what is your favorite classic tv show? it does not need to be from your generation, mine certainly aren't.

so, i'll start:

The many loves of Dobey Gillis- Dwayne Hickman as Dobie, Bob Dnever (of gilligan fame) as Maynard G Crebs- the lovable beatnic who's super-awesome catch line of "WORK?!?" and Sheila James as Zelda (she had this awesome face that everyone that met her made back- DD1 looks so much like her, it amuses me)

Lawrence Welk- Bouffants, HUGE white teeth, bubbles and chiffon dresses, corny music- how can you go wrong? I used to watch re-runs with my dad, still makes me smile thinking of it.

Looking forward to your favorites!

Robyn

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Andy Griffith Show

Hogan's Heroes

I Love Lucy

Emergency! (Rampart one, Rampart One...doo dooooo deeee doooooooo mwa mwa mwa) - I wanted to be Dixie the nurse and have that startched hat and dress.

I too STILL love Lawrence Welk. There is something soooo calming and nostalgic about that show even today.

Classic Star Trek

The Patty Duke Show "They're cousins, identical cousins...." that doesn't even make SENSE! :lol:

The Courtship of Eddie's Father (I had a major little girl crush on Bill Bixby I think)

The original Star Trek

Petticoat Junction

Green Acres

Gunsmoke

Carol Burnett

Dark Shadows (Every afternoon after school)

I remember wanting to watch Love, American Style and Laugh-In, and my mom wouldn't let me. Seems sort of funny considering what's on today.

Janet

I used to love:

Brady Bunch

Little House on the Prairie

Land of the Lost

Andy Griffith

Gilligans Island

Love Boat

Fantasy Island (no, I was not watched for content)

all the variety shows: Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher, Donny and Marie, The Mandrells

DH loved:

Green Acres

Bonanza

reruns of the Monkees (he owns all these on tape now)

Get Smart

Adams Family and Munsters

The Beverly Hillbillies

"Let me tell you a story 'bout a man name Jed.

Poor mountaineer- barely kept his family fed.

Then one day he was shooting at some food

Up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil, that is, black gold, Texas tea"

I could go on!!:D

I also loved the A-Team and MacGyver!

Bewitched and Petticoat Junction were my favorites when I was little.

My 55 year-old brother still laughs uproariously at Mr. Ed. My sil says it's like he has never seen the episode before when he could actually quote the thing.

Fun thread.

I Love Lucy hands down. It's like comfort food to me, I grew up watching reruns every single day. Dh got me the complete boxed set of dvds for Christmas a few years ago and now I've gotten all of my kids into it- we watch an episode while we eat lunch. Ds8 has memorized the names of the episodes he likes, "Can we watch 'First Stop'?" :D

I Dream of Jeannie

Gilligan's Island

The Cosby Show

The Wonder Years

I Love Lucy

The Brady Bunch

Oh, if only we still had shows like these rather coming out rather than than the garbage that is touted as "wholesome" these days. Give me a little something that is not so PC it takes all the fun away!!!

every single Sunday night we watched Wonderful World of Disney and Bonanza (major crush on Little Joe).

also Bewitched

Land of the Giants

Get Smart

Lost in Space

Gilligan's Island

also after school we watched The Bowery Boys and a teen music show called Hullabaloo

American Bandstand

H.R. Puffinstuff with the kid that played Artful Dodger in the musical Oliver

Sonny and Cher

Donny and Marie

Carol Burnett )loved Mrs. a Wiggins

and my all time favorite - Lost in Space

Amy

I loved Lost in Space. I remember watching it every Sunday morning. I never got to see the last few minutes because we had to leave for church. Maybe that's what kept me coming back to it.

Another Amy

Love Boat & Fantasy Island (no content issues at our house!), Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew, Ellery Queen, Wonderful World Of Disney, Wild Kingdom, (Mutual of Omaha, people, you can count on), Starsky & Hutch, and the list goes on and on, and on, and on....Both of my parents had poor health, so TV was the thing we did. The worst thing that happened to us was CABLE!

And then there was syndication.....Brady Bunch, Monkees, cartoons....

And my favorites...1 Adam 12, and Emergency, and Quincy. The crime fascination started early!

How could I forget? DS was talking about Bionicles & legos & I remembered one of my favorite TV shows as a kid

The SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN with lee Majors:001_smile:

Wonder Woman with Linda Clark

&

The BIONIC WOMAN with Lyndsey Wagnor.....

Man, I couldn't wait to see the next episode.

And (not necessarily good role model in some ways, but great car stunts).... THE DUKES OF HAZZARD (the General Lee was the star!)

How could I forget? DS was talking about Bionicles & legos & I remembered one of my favorite TV shows as a kid

The SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN with lee Majors:001_smile:

Wonder Woman with Linda Clark

&

The BIONIC WOMAN with Lyndsey Wagnor.....

Man, I couldn't wait to see the next episode.

And (not necessarily good role model in some ways, but great car stunts).... THE DUKES OF HAZZARD (the General Lee was the star!)

I TOTALLY FORGOT about the Bionic Woman. She was so cool. My parents let me name my sister Lindsay (but spelled differently.)

I TOTALLY FORGOT about the Bionic Woman. She was so cool. My parents let me name my sister Lindsay (but spelled differently.)

that's so funny. i got to name my sister elizabeth after the character on the waltons. i knew someone growing up who's much older sister named her melissa after the allman brothers (?) song.....

the ways people get named to appease a sibling!

LOL

Oh, HEE HAW! Loved it! My grandmother and I would watch it together and eat Vienna sausages and American cheese! (my diet has improved since then)

Also, Happy Days and My Three Sons, too!

I don't even watch current sit coms today. I don't like a single one of them. Gimme old and wholesome any day!

Talk about not overseen for content- my grandmother is from England and has a more liberal view to what is appropriate, would watch each Benny Hill after dinner with us if we were over, which happened often since she lived across the street from our elementary school. My brother at 4 years old would make a womanly figure out of fruit and stand behind it. Still to this day I get the urge to run around in circles when I hear saxaphone music!

But.. she would not let me watch Happy Days because Fonzie thought that women were made for him...? or something very feminist for a woman of the WW2 generation.

Great shows listed above, thanks for sharing!

I think our favorite shows.... tips off our generation!;)

I liked another show but it wasn't on too long... BJ & THE BEAR (truck driver and his chimp). at the time, I thought it was so cool, but can't remember it much.

I had forgotten Green Acres.... we watched it on Re-runs ALOT! There was another show about an older man & his 3 daughters (they went swimming in the water tank at show beginning).... I can't remember the name, Petticoat Junction???? It was funny too.

Bonanza!!!

I just love seeing the Cartwrights gallop up to say howdy! Oooh, makes my heart go pitter pat!

Did you know there is a very active Bonanza forum? My older dds love Bonanza and just found it last month-who knew?

Andy Griffith is another great one. We quote from it all the time!

Bonanza!!!

I just love seeing the Cartwrights gallop up to say howdy! Oooh, makes my heart go pitter pat!

Did you know there is a very active Bonanza forum? My older dds love Bonanza and just found it last month-who knew?

Andy Griffith is another great one. We quote from it all the time!

My dh loves Bonanza, I cringe on the weekends. I just cannot sit thru one of them. That and Gunsmoke.