Menu

Question for MAC users..

We have an imac. and use ical on it to schedule everything.

I just bought a macbook.

How can i get the ical for both of them to be in sync.

We also have an airport.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this. I just thought they would find eachother somehow and talk to one another. Is there something I am missing or need to do?:confused:

thank you,

Lacy

We have an imac. and use ical on it to schedule everything.

I just bought a macbook.

How can i get the ical for both of them to be in sync.

We also have an airport.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this. I just thought they would find eachother somehow and talk to one another. Is there something I am missing or need to do?:confused:

thank you,

Lacy

The only way I know of to do this is to get MobileMe. It syncs your iCal, Mail, and Address book on all your Mac devices (desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPod Touch). It also includes e-mail, webspace, and a Gallery for sharing your photos, movies, etc.

There is probably a way to network your computers together at home, without MobileMe, but I don't know how to do that. Anyone?

was for syncing your cell phone and ical...thru cyberspace?

Yes, you're right. MobileMe works through cyberspace.

I'm sure there's a way to network your computers, but I don't know if it automatically syncs your iCals.

Have you asked anyone at Apple?

Not very helpful, I know, but I can at least bump you so that someone who knows more than I can add something useful. ;)

You could use Google Calendar as a free intermediary... the program you need is called Calaboration. Otherwise, you can directly copy the calendar (stored in ~/Library/Calendars). However, that won't help with updates, while Calaboration will.