Menu

I found a treasure yesterday

At our libraries used book sale, I found a neat looking American history textbook from Prentice Hall for $2.50. I bought it simply as another resource text, but when I got home and looked at it more closely, I discovered it's only 4 years old and includes a cd with 300 primary source documents! That alone was worth the $. :hurray:

That's a wonderful find!!

I was similarly surprised when I bought a "like new" biology book for $5 and when I got home I found out it was a highly recommended Campbell's Biology book with a new CD!

Congrats on your find!! I am now reminded that I need to hit the library again....now that schools are out, I'm hoping people have been donating their used books! :tongue_smilie:

WOW! That is a great find. My library has sales, and I never seem to be able to go to them! I am on the downside of buying books now since I have an 11th grader, and he is passing his books down to the 9th grader. I am in the selling mode now! I have gotten rid of most of them in our Used Curriculum Sale her in my town.

I am thinking of donating the stuff I don't sell to our library! If I can't sell them, I might as well get the tax deduction!

I am thinking of donating the stuff I don't sell to our library! If I can't sell them, I might as well get the tax deduction!

And then there will be another happy homeschooler somewhere posting about what a great find she/he made at the library book sale!

Regards,

Kareni