Menu

Vegetarians - what do you eat for breakfast and lunch?

The kids have a choice of oatmeal & fruit, home made whole wheat toast & natural PNBT or toast and eggs. I usually eat oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts or a whole grain bagel with either natural PNBT, all fruit jam, or avocado. We generally have bananas every morning.

Lunches are typically left overs that I purposely cook extra of the evening before. If we don't have leftovers the kids will have grilled cheese, PB&J, quesadillas, tomato & cheese sandwiches or something along this line. We always have carrots, broccoli and other veggies with dip.

Right now my daily lunch is this salad:

Few handfuls of spinach, handful of mung and alfafa sprouts, raw frozen peas ( thawed lol), chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, chick peas or kidney beans, a few walnuts broken up, sprinkle of raisins and fat free dressing. I am addicted to this :D

If I don't have salad I will usually have a baked potato topped with some kind of bean and either BBQ sauce or salsa and a veggie on the side.

Edited by Quiver0f10

We're vege + seafood, I have a dd who's anemic so I try to add extra iron.

Breakfast:

oatmeal with raisins

greek yogurt (less sugar) and fruit

Banana, zucchini bread or muffins

cereal with banana

cheese omelet

Lunch:

Favorite: 12 grain bread sandwich of sliced apples and cheese

Tuna Melts

grilled cheese panini

Spaghetti panini : Sourdough bread with spaghetti sauce and mozarella inside

Pasta salad with vinigarette, chopped arugula and broccoli

quesadillas

Leftovers from dinner

Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but I never eat meat in the morning. It grosses me out to even think of it. I eat a healthy cereal with milk.

For lunch, half the time I don't eat meat. A typical lunch for me is PBJ on whole wheat or a healthy quick bread with yogurt and fruit. Sometimes I'll have oatmeal. Sometimes I'll have hummus with veggies, fruit and a cheese stick.

I'm not a strict vegetarian anymore, but we still don't eat a lot of meat.

Breakfast:

Oatmeal

Granola with yogurt

Smoothie (strawberry banana with soymilk, or yogurt with a touch of honey and frozen berries)

Eggs

Toast

Fruit, lots of fruit

Pancakes

Waffles

French toast

Biscuits

Applesauce (or any other fruit sauce variation)

Muffins

Lunch:

Pasta with various sauces and add-ins (Broccoli, edamame, walnuts; spinach cream sauce; fresh or sun-dried tomatoes with pesto or chopped basil; caramelized onions with bleu cheese; tomato sauce with shredded veggies; cheese sauce with broccoli or peas)

Picnic lunches are a big hit here: fruits, veggies (pea pods, cherry tomatoes, and carrots are the favorites for raw veggies), cheese or hummus or hardboiled eggs, nuts, crackers

Fritatta with muffins and fruit (Fritatta made with whatever veggies are in season)

Salads (greens, fruit, pasta, potato)

Sandwiches (PB&J, veggies and hummus)

Red beans and rice

Nachos

Homemade pizza

Boiled potatoes and fresh veggies with yogurt cheese dip

Stir Fry with rice (or fried rice with the leftover rice)

If we are being good and industrious we have flatbreads with green leafies, tomato, avocado, beans and whatever condiments are lying around.

If we are being sleep deprived and zombie-like, we have peanut butter toast or porridge with fruit and seeds sprinkled on top.

Rosie

hmmm,

Breakfasts:

* cereal/milk

* cereal/yogurt

* fruit heated in pretty cup (till juice runs), top with large dollop of plain

yogurt and drizzle of maple syrup or honey.

*oatmeal

* cantaloupe, rasins, walnuts (current favorite)

* Toast and butter with juice

* lunch/left-overs

* Banana roll-ups (tortilla spread with almond butter, banana and rolled

up. sometimes with dried fruit in addition or instead of the banana.

* buttered toast topped with (soy) mozzarella and tomato slices.

* A toss of diced veggie sausages, tomatoes, and (soy) mozzarella with

toast.

Lunches

* Pasta Pot (I often fix a large pot of ww pasta to keep in the fridge. I

keep toppings such as black olives, cheese, veggies, et c. and a jar of

sauce. We dish out a helping of pasta and top as we please. with

several different toppings we can have some variety.

* sandwiches

* left-overs

* dolma (she'd eat this everyday if she could!)

* breakfast

* a stick or two or three of soy cheese with a slice of lunch meat (veg,

obviously) wrapped around and served with spaghetti sauce for dipping.

* salad (my girl is a huge salad fan).

* smoothies

* french bread or pita pizzas

We're not veg, but I used to be, and we're leaning in that direction of late (in fact, I'm wondering if my husband has noticed that 90% of the meals around here recently are meatless... :001_huh: I'm afraid to ask him, lest he start noticing the dearth of meat.)

Most breakfast selections are meatless, as Laurel listed. My favorites are muffins, steel-cut oatmeal with nuts, dried fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup, or cheesy grits with hot sauce.

We have leftovers or sandwiches for lunch, usually - pb&j (or almond butter and jam), egg salad, hummus and veggies on pita, grilled cheese, salad, soup. It's getting to the summer when we'll enjoy cheese tortellini tossed with olive oil, with fresh basil, grape tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. That's great right out of the fridge.

Tomorrow it will be leftover black bean burritos from supper tonight. I make a big crock pot of beans (pinto or black beans) about once a week, and a stack of tortillas, and we eat them for various meals, with various fixings.