Menu

I've gone plural!

O.K. My first thread here, so please go easy on this Dad.

I'm just commenting on my new status here: "Hive Mind Larvae". If I remember my Latin correctly, this is the FEMININE PLURAL form of the noun. Now I can see why feminine gender is assumed on this forum, but I still consider myself to be just ONE person! :D

Anyway, I get the impression there are quite a few Latin experts on this board, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, perhaps one of the mods here would consider changing this title to "Hive Mind Larva".

Yours truly,

RegGuheert

Hive Mind Larvus

O.K. My first thread here, so please go easy on this Dad.

I'm just commenting on my new status here: "Hive Mind Larvae". If I remember my Latin correctly, this is the FEMININE PLURAL form of the noun. Now I can see why feminine gender is assumed on this forum, but I still consider myself to be just ONE person! :D

Anyway, I get the impression there are quite a few Latin experts on this board, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, perhaps one of the mods here would consider changing this title to "Hive Mind Larva".

Yours truly,

RegGuheert

Hive Mind Larvus

If you stick with it Reg, one day you will be an Empress Bee :D

Bill :lol:

I think it is really cool that more dads are coming on here. And I remember when Spycar became a "Queen Bee' and we all got a little giggle out of it. Welcome aboard!

I figure women put up with enough of this stuff in the real world that it's only fair play that the dads on the board suffer under feminine titles.

Ungrammatical Latin, however...malum in se. ;)

I still consider myself to be just ONE person! :D

We do need a few more dads around here. If you wouldn't mind being more than just one person for a little longer...

:D

Welcome, RegGuheert. How old are your little people?

If I remember my Latin correctly, this is the FEMININE PLURAL form of the noun. Now I can see why feminine gender is assumed on this forum, but I still consider myself to be just ONE person!

Uh, maybe it's the title for those w/ multiple personalities...? ;)

Welcome aboard! :D

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!:001_smile:

If you stick with it Reg, one day you will be an Empress Bee :D
I'm likely I'll be tossed out long before that, Bill! But one can still have aspirations!:thumbup:
I think it is really cool that more dads are coming on here.
I'm glad you think so! Still, I must say that I believe I would not be a welcome participant in MOST threads around here. I will try to discern which posts those are and use restraint. Unfortunately, I'm not very long in the restraint suit :blushing:, so I'm sure I will fail sometimes. Please accept my apologies in advance!
Welcome, RegGuheert. How old are your little people?
I've added a signature block with that information. I've also revealed the identity of DW, much to her chagrin, I'm sure! Please don't blame her:Angel_anim: for the content of any of my posts!
Uh, maybe it's the title for those w/ multiple personalities...? ;)
O.K. I admit it. But how did you know? Any more importantly, how did the forum software know?:confused:

You can expect to occasionally see posts from these other personalities. When you do, please be sure to place the blame squarely where it belongs: with he/she/it! :001_rolleyes:

That "bugged" the daylights out of me too, and I'm female. I just wanted to be ONE larva, not a whole colony of larvae.
Great! So I'm NOT alone on this point! Edited by RegGuheert

Whew! I have successfully negotiated through the confusing plural time of my development into a female bee! :D

Thanks to all for your well wishes! (Hopefully you have not regretted it, yet!)

Reg

Would it make you feel better to know you are a sexually immature female bee?

I think you will find that we are quite the diverse group and someone is bound to agree with your POV on just about any given topic. Also the conversations can get a little intimate at times and you will probably learn more about females that you ever wanted to know. Some of our most useful info on these subject come from the rare male contribution. Sometimes we learn the most from people that are coming from a different POV or sex even and different outlooks are always welcome. As long as you mind the rules, post politely and avoid the very few verbotten topics you will do just fine. Once again, welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the ride.