Menu

We found out today...

The concerta really is helping!

Day 1 of concerta - dd stayed up all night. (I posted about that earlier.)

Mon-Fri of the following week - DD was better focused. She was still active and talkative (which is good), but seemed to be able to hold onto a thought long enough to act on it. Fewer reminders were necessary. She was able to fall asleep at a reasonable time every night. We're thinking Concerta is great.

Mon-Wed of the following week - We're thinking the concerta's not helping much, but hesitant to try a higher dose due to a few complaints of mild stomachache. Wondering if we should just ditch it.

Thurs (today) - DD complained of a stomachache and seemed to be in good bit of pain. Actually, it was higher than her stomach, where you'd expect heartburn to hurt, but she said it wasn't a burning pain. Skipped the concerta to be on the safe side. Realized how effective the concerta is. Oh my, her mind was like a pinball machine today. Dh and I were both amazed by the very real difference in her ability to focus.

I am glad you could tell the difference without. Sometimes that is the only way to learn something is working.

About the heartburn- sometimes it is just pain without burning. When I was a kid I wouldn't have really known how to describe the pain though.

I am glad you could tell the difference without. Sometimes that is the only way to learn something is working.

About the heartburn- sometimes it is just pain without burning. When I was a kid I wouldn't have really known how to describe the pain though.

I think it must have been heartburn because she was fine after a while.

The concerta works really well for my dd, and we also found it to be a subtle thing. No personality changes, no hyperfocusing or anything like that, she was just able to attend better and its a wonderful thing to see how much more quickly they get things done. We also find that if she's not taking the concerta, the first day or so are worse then if she had never taken it to begin with, then it evens out.

Ava