Menu

Today is the last day of ps here....June 3rd....

June 25 is the end in NY

High school is taking Regent's exams, so not everyone is in attendance every day from the 15th to the end as those not taking a Regent's on a particular day stay home.

Middle and elementary will have the last five days as half days.

My dd who is in ps had her last day of class yesterday, but she has finals and EOC's from today to next Thursday. They have one final or EOC each day and they're allowed up to 3.5 hours. When I was in school, we sometimes had 2 or 3 finals on the same day and the final was only as long as one class period.

I went to school in MD. We always began the Thursday before Labor Day and had 1/2 day on Friday and holiday on Monday, then we got out in mid-June. The date depended on snow days - I lived in the westernmost county in the mountains where the avg snowfall is over 100" per year, and even though school was only cancelled for blizzard or near-blizzard conditions, we still sometimes missed 2-3 wks of school. In one particularly bad winter, we missed 20 days, so we had to go to school till almost the end of June.

Holy cow, you guys get out late!! My kids' school just got out today, and they are one of the last ones in the area to release because they use an odd calendar that gives them three extra vacation weeks during the school year. Most schools ended by 5/27.

The dates here in IL are different depending on the district's start date and days off. In my town, we have 2 different school districts. Mine let out today - I could tell - there are kids EVERYWHERE!! The other district lets out next Monday and they are mad that friends across the border are already out. Chicago Public Schools let out June 12th, but they start much later.

Last day here is 1/2 day on Monday, June 22nd. I seriously doubt that many of the children will show up to sit on their desks for three hours. ;)

In years past children could just come to school to pick up their report cards on the last (half) day of school. This year our new superintendent made it mandatory to attend the last day of school (get all that wonderful instruction in on the last day!) in order to get your report card.