Menu

Fatigue busters needed!!

I need some full proof fatigue busters. Doc said everything is "normal" in the labs and such. So, I need some energy builders. What are favorites???

No caffeine ideas please, I am caffeine free!! Dh swears that why I am tired. But I have been caffeine free for over 3 years now.

There's a spiral bound book called Yoga for Beginners (or something like that), that gives very simple stretches you can even do at work. I kid you not, one day, when I worked full time, I was SO tired that I stood up right where I was and did one of the over arm stretches and was instantly wide awake! HTH!

What labs did he do? What are the levels? I'm not necessarily asking you to divulge all that here - but I know that many people don't fit some of the "normal" boxes. And in some cases the new "normal" is different from the old "normal" and Drs. haven't always caught up. In my case, I need my vitamin D level to be on the very high end of normal. I've heard of other people saying the same about thyroid levels etc. So you might look at the labs and then google a bit to find out what the levels should be.

Otherwise, I've heard that some moderate exercise is a good fatigue buster.

Magnesium soaks. (Epsom salt baths 3X/week). :001_smile:

ETA: Do research this before you try it; I think there are some conditions that could be exacerbated by extra magnesium (maybe high blood pressure and/or diabetes? There are warnings right on the container.) Some studies have shown low magnesium levels in people who have chronic fatigue and/or migraines. I started the epsom salt baths to see if it would help my migraines, and it *really* has! I also started sleeping better and have more energy during the day. YMMV. I imagine it will only really help if you are truly low in magnesium. Epsom salt is a pretty inexpensive way to absorb some extra magnesium & it's kinda nice to schedule a relaxing bath 3X/week anyway. But do research before trying...

Edited by Mekanamom

I do NOT mean to step on toes by any means, but there are things that don't show up on 'tests'. Chronic Fatigue is one of them. Very real, very difficult to live with, and most people I've heard that have it had a terrible time getting dx'd because apparently, drs seem to loathe the Dx. Also, what about depression? We've just finished winter, which is a huge depression issue for many, have you had any life changes lately? That can most certainly cause fatigue as well. Depression in your family?

There are so many things and reasons for fatigue that don't show up in testing but are absolutely real...I just don't want you thinking, "Oh, its all in my head, nothing wrong with me, I just need to suck it up and push through and everything will be fine!" and find yourself getting more and more exhausted, kwim?

I don't know you, so maybe there was something wonky that's straightened itself out now, and you just need to get back on track. I absolutely hope that its the case...perhaps its part of the, 'great, I'm not 18 any more' that Time likes to smack us in the head with now and then. I just don't want you mistrusting your body or yourself if you believe there's something more going on, if that makes sense.

This may seem too simple, but maybe you just need more sleep. For many years while I was working full time, I was constantly sleep deprived. I would fall asleep at red lights, waiting rooms, and other public places. I once fell asleep on a bench on the sidewalk outside the music store where my ds was taking music lessons. I simply could not sit still without falling asleep-ever. It was not unusual for me to get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night. For some people this is enough but not for me and I believe different people have different sleep needs. Now that I am home full time, I usually get about 7 hours or more and it has made a world of difference. Here's to simple solutions!