Menu

Ack! ruined 2 borrowed books! WWYD?

So I am looking into supplementing with Minquon and borrowed First Grade Diary and Lab Sheet Annotations from a woman in my hs coop. Her books are very used. Well, dd (3) insisted on being next to me after I told her no b/c I had a full cup of coffee and you guessed it. All over the books. I need to get the books back to her by next week. I figured I would replace with new b/c 1. I have no idea where to find it used and no my dh won't let me buy and sell here. 2. I can get it new from RR for less than the website. Should I:

1. Order from RR and get it to her when it arrives. Letting her have her ruined copies as well?

2. Order from RR and have it priority shipped directly to her and hope it arrives before next week?

3. Order from company b/c a better guarantee of it being in stock.

WWYD?

Ugh, I can't stand it!

I would go with RR. If the books don't come by next week, give her the ruined ones and explained that you've ordered new ones and they should arrive shortly. I've ruined a borrowed book before and I was able to find it used, but in good condition. I returned the ruined, with an apology and the replacement. It went over well.

Good for you for doing what's right by replacing the books!

ETA: "It went over well", not "I went over well"!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Cheryl in NM

Would she accept the "ruined" copy for now with the promise that as soon as the new copies arrived from Rainbow (either to your house or to hers) that she will have brand-new ones? (in which case I wouldn't spring for priority).

If not:

Can you call Rainbow and find out when a priority delivery would arrive? Do they have it in stock right now?

Would paying extra (I presume) for priority from Rainbow still be a cost savings over ordering it from the company?

If you ordered it from the company would you still have to pay extra for priority shipping to make sure it gets there in time?

So I am looking into supplementing with Minquon and borrowed First Grade Diary and Lab Sheet Annotations from a woman in my hs coop. Her books are very used. Well, dd (3) insisted on being next to me after I told her no b/c I had a full cup of coffee and you guessed it. All over the books. I need to get the books back to her by next week. I figured I would replace with new b/c 1. I have no idea where to find it used and no my dh won't let me buy and sell here. 2. I can get it new from RR for less than the website. Should I:

1. Order from RR and get it to her when it arrives. Letting her have her ruined copies as well?

2. Order from RR and have it priority shipped directly to her and hope it arrives before next week?

3. Order from company b/c a better guarantee of it being in stock.

WWYD?

Ugh, I can't stand it!

I'd call the woman right away, fess up, and ask her which option she'd prefer. She might just want the cash!

I'd call her and tell her what happened and let her know you planned to replace them, then ask if she would mind using the old ones until the new ones came in. If she's OK with that, order the least expensive ones you can find and don't worry about shipping time. If she does mind, get the priority shipping.

Sigh. I sympathise. My three year-old can spot a full cup of coffee from a mile away. My carpet is proof of that.;)

Good luck!

Ask her what her preference is. I only lend out stuff I don't have a pressing need for. I wouldn't want someone to pay for priority shipping to get something to me quickly that I don't need quickly. As long as a suitable replacement comes (and a used copy in similar condition to the one I lent would be suitable) in a reasonable amount of time (1 month), that would be fine with me.

I would go with RR. If the books don't come by next week, give her the ruined ones and explained that you've ordered new ones and they should arrive shortly. I've ruined a borrowed book before and I was able to find it used, but in good condition. I returned the ruined, with an apology and the replacement. I went over well.

Good for you for doing what's right by replacing the books!

:iagree:I've done this too.

I just spoke with her. She told me that she doesn't need them as soon as I had thought. She told me to take my time and look at the used cirriculum fairs coming up as that is how she found hers. She laughed when I told her what happened. I am so relieved. I haven't not gotten my order for this coming year together for RR as I wanted to go to the used fairs first and see if I could find stuff and the thought of trying to quickly put an order together for RR was beyond overwhelming. I can breathe for now and take my time. Thanks for your responses.:001_smile: