Menu

What's for dinner?I have

chicken breasts and penne pasta or brown rice. Also lots of colored peppers..a smidge of cream, cheese

Got a thought anyone for a sauce with chicken in it..low sodium please, as in no cream soups. I love them, but am cooking very low sodium these days.

Personally, I'd go simple. Do you have any balsamic vinegar? Preferably white balsamic? I'd slice those colored peppers into the thinnest sticks you can manage and toss them with a good vinegar, olive oil, and herbs for a cold pepper slaw. Then I'd slice the chicken and just saute it with olive oil, a tiny bit of salt, pepper, and herbs, and serve it next to the penne with more olive oil and parmesan or romano (or probably even cheddar) cheese sprinkled over it.

One of my favourite sauces for chicken is to fry up some onions and mushrooms in a little oil, throw in some cream (not cream soup, just cream - I think you're just skipping the soups?), tarragon (or herbs provence blend, if you prefer), and a little mustard to taste. It goes lovely over pasta or rice. This sauce is also quite nice with a small amount of bacon fried up with the veggies, but that will add to the sodium.

I have a method where I would use adobo, pepper, oregano flakes and garlic powder sprinkled on both sides of the chicken breasts and then put a little bit of oil maybe 1-2 Tbsp and a pinch of sugar. When the sugar turns color, add the breasts and let them brown on either side. Remove pan from heat and take out the breasts and slice them into slivers or chunks (whichever you prefer) and then add them back to the pan with the peppers, minced onions, minced garlic maybe a pinch of rosemary and some parsley flakes (1-2 Tbs) add enough chicken stock to cover the meat and some cream (1-2 Tbsp), cover and let it simmer until it reduces and is a nice sauce. When finished turn off the heat, throw some parmesan cheese (generous amount) into the sauce, give it a quick stir and pour over the pene. Mix her up and she's good to go. With a nice salad and some bread on the side you have a nice quick meal. :)

I have a method where I would use adobo, pepper, oregano flakes and garlic powder sprinkled on both sides of the chicken breasts and then put a little bit of oil maybe 1-2 Tbsp and a pinch of sugar. When the sugar turns color, add the breasts and let them brown on either side. Remove pan from heat and take out the breasts and slice them into slivers or chunks (whichever you prefer) and then add them back to the pan with the peppers, minced onions, minced garlic maybe a pinch of rosemary and some parsley flakes (1-2 Tbs) add enough chicken stock to cover the meat and some cream (1-2 Tbsp), cover and let it simmer until it reduces and is a nice sauce. When finished turn off the heat, throw some parmesan cheese (generous amount) into the sauce, give it a quick stir and pour over the pene. Mix her up and she's good to go. With a nice salad and some bread on the side you have a nice quick meal. :)

Oh, YUM!!! That's way better than mine!

Personally, I'd go simple. Do you have any balsamic vinegar? Preferably white balsamic? I'd slice those colored peppers into the thinnest sticks you can manage and toss them with a good vinegar, olive oil, and herbs for a cold pepper slaw. Then I'd slice the chicken and just saute it with olive oil, a tiny bit of salt, pepper, and herbs, and serve it next to the penne with more olive oil and parmesan or romano (or probably even cheddar) cheese sprinkled over it.

One of my favourite sauces for chicken is to fry up some onions and mushrooms in a little oil, throw in some cream (not cream soup, just cream - I think you're just skipping the soups?), tarragon (or herbs provence blend, if you prefer), and a little mustard to taste. It goes lovely over pasta or rice. This sauce is also quite nice with a small amount of bacon fried up with the veggies, but that will add to the sodium.

We ended up changing our planns totally. DD and family never made it over and we had dinner with friends who needed to talk.

however, these sound wonderful and I am doing chicken and pepper for dinner tomorrow! No Mushrooms in the house, so that one will have to wait.