Menu

Do you hide books from your kids?

As I'm starting to get more and more packages of school books for the new year, my dc's are BUGGING me non-stop to read them their new books. Since I've got a bundle of books about King Arthur, Beowulf, etc., they are sooooo excited to get started on them.

The problem is that we still have work to finish for this year! Do any of you hide your new books or do just go ahead and let you kids start reading their new books?

Thanks!!

Liz in NC

I let dd look through the boxes when they arrive. She will read some of the books then. After a couple of days I put them away on a bookcase in my bedroom. It doesn't bother me if she borrows one, but usually she sticks to books out in the rest of the house. After we've read the books, they go out to one of the bookcases in the public rooms and dd will pick up and re-read books a lot.

I think I will have to when they start coming in after the end of July.

At first I thought this post was about "naughty" books that you may have to hide from your kids :lol: We have some of those as dh is an artist and his preferred subject is nudes (art books).

I don't hide them, but we have different shelves in our "library" for books they're allowed to read and those they aren't. My ds bugs me sometimes about whether or not he can read such and such book on the other shelves, but not too often.