Menu

Stopping for the summer...

So,

We had a house fire on Jan 24 and it was 3 months later that we got back into our house. During that time I hsed the 1st month at my brothers house and then last 2 months at the apt. I totally forgot that I hsed during this displacement time. Makes me wonder what I even taught them! I honestly JUST remembered that I schooled them. :confused: How insane is that!

I got new curriculum about 3 weeks ago and started last Tuesday. We have done a week of work and I have decided that I want a summer break for myself and for them. We were going to do schooling year round but to be honest I just dont want to EVEN THINK about schooling for a little bit. So..my question is how to approach this.

I want them to read each night either to me or themselves. But the stuff that we covered last week? Should I just refresh it when we start back? Thats my plan but was wondering if you had any thoughts....

Thanks for the vent. I have issues lol:willy_nilly:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think a summer break sounds like a welcoming break for all of you! As far as the week you just did, I would just refresh it when you start school again.

Tia

So,

We had a house fire on Jan 24 and it was 3 months later that we got back into our house. During that time I hsed the 1st month at my brothers house and then last 2 months at the apt. I totally forgot that I hsed during this displacement time. Makes me wonder what I even taught them! I honestly JUST remembered that I schooled them. :confused: How insane is that!

I got new curriculum about 3 weeks ago and started last Tuesday. We have done a week of work and I have decided that I want a summer break for myself and for them. We were going to do schooling year round but to be honest I just dont want to EVEN THINK about schooling for a little bit. So..my question is how to approach this.

I want them to read each night either to me or themselves. But the stuff that we covered last week? Should I just refresh it when we start back? Thats my plan but was wondering if you had any thoughts....

Thanks for the vent. I have issues lol:willy_nilly: