Menu

Graduation program help needed ...

I have been working on a graduation program for our local homeschooling resource center. (This is the paper program that will be handed out.)

I'm trying to use less formal language than processional, recessional, etc.

I'd like to include on the program the music that will be playing before the formal program begins (i.e., the music that will be playing as the audience enters and gets seated). Any ideas?

"Prelude" is a little too formal.

"Coming together music" doesn't quite work to my ear.

"Gathering music" sounds a little off.

I'd appreciate hearing your ideas.

Also, in lieu of processional, I'm thinking of using "Entrance of the graduates". Ideas for a phrase to use as they depart would also be appreciated. "Departure of the graduates" or "Exit of the graduates" sounds so ... final. (I just may end up going with those formal terms after all!)

Regards,

Kareni

We used the formal terms for lack of other ideas, but our music was very informal chosen by the kids graduating. In my opinion, you should make it your own combo of traditional/non-traditional.

For example, the program could read like this:

Prelude: name and artist of song

Processional: name and artist of song

HTH,

Joy

One can never go wrong by using the formal, accepted terms or formats for a ceremony.

A graduation is a ceremony to mark a special occasion; it's a ritual, and rituals follow a set format. This particular ritual, like many, serves no practical purpose - - it is purely ceremonial, it fills a need for recognition and ritual, and I find that, no matter what they say beforehand, people always appreciate a more formal tone, rather than a casual one. It adds to the drama of the occasion.

Prelude, processional, recessional, etc are the proper terms to use; I'd stick with them! When one is getting all misty-eyed about the future, it's best to do so in a formal venue ;).

One can never go wrong by using the formal, accepted terms or formats for a ceremony.

A graduation is a ceremony to mark a special occasion; it's a ritual, and rituals follow a set format. This particular ritual, like many, serves no practical purpose - - it is purely ceremonial, it fills a need for recognition and ritual, and I find that, no matter what they say beforehand, people always appreciate a more formal tone, rather than a casual one. It adds to the drama of the occasion.

Prelude, processional, recessional, etc are the proper terms to use; I'd stick with them! When one is getting all misty-eyed about the future, it's best to do so in a formal venue ;).

:iagree::iagree::iagree: