Menu

Two anti-homeschooling articles.

My son is like that, an excellent reader, but he has trouble getting into books at times. He is also very tender hearted, so books or movies that are really disturbing bother him a lot. It makes it hard to make suggestions. One of my dd's favorite book series is the one by Lois Lowry - The Giver is the first one. Excellent introduction into the utopia theme!

Drew isn't very sensitive... he loves zombie movies (just like dh). He just doesn't seem to get too engaged in his books. We've read so many wonderful books so far this year, but I don't think he would be bothered at all if we hadn't finished a single one. For him, it's an exercise in memory (trying to remember enough to answer all my questions), but very seldom does he find one interesting enough to care about. The Tale of Despereaux (sp, most likely) is the only book I can think of, off the top of my head, that has kept him wanting more.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic