Menu

Out of saxon 2 and into BJU 3 ok?

mumkins

I ordered BJU 3 for my DD after finishing saxon 2. The only thing she struggled with there was counting by 3's and 4's. Looking a the BJU scope and sequence grade 2, what she's missing from there is:

-counting by 3's and 4's

-hasn't mastered the 100 basic addition and subtraction facts, but is pretty good at them.

-3 and 4 multiplication and division tables

Should I get the grade 2 workbook for her to work through or will she pick that up easily enough in grade 3?

I ordered BJU 3 for my DD after finishing saxon 2. The only thing she struggled with there was counting by 3's and 4's. Looking a the BJU scope and sequence grade 2, what she's missing from there is:

-counting by 3's and 4's

-hasn't mastered the 100 basic addition and subtraction facts, but is pretty good at them.

-3 and 4 multiplication and division tables

Should I get the grade 2 workbook for her to work through or will she pick that up easily enough in grade 3?

I think she should be fine. It starts out with quite a bit of review. We went straight from BJU2 to BJU 3 and had to skip some chapters. It even reviews renaming (carrying) and borrowing. It starts with the 2 digit then 3 digits. That is in one of the early chapters. And it reviews the beginning multiplication tables before introducing new ones.

She'll be fine.

We just finished BJU Math 2 and ds is not terribly strong on the memorization of those items. BJU does not put a whole lot of emphasis on memorization, more upon understanding processes (then automaticity comes with practice over time).