Menu

Queen's Product: Language Lessons for Little Ones

I LOVE these books. Placement is important, so be sure to look at the samples. My daughter is 4 and is using the first "Little Ones" book. It is perfect for her because she is learning the letters as we go.

My daughter absolutely loves this program! There are opportunities for picture study, drawn narrations, copywork, poetry, etc.

My favorite part is that it is a workbook that I will never throw away. It has her little heart and soul poured into it and it is a lovely reminder of her first school book.:)

I couldn't find the right level for DD because it is an all in one and she just didn't fit so we skipped a lot, but what we did use we loved! My main complaint is too much writing, compared to the simplistic phonics skills. If you can find the right level, I highly recommend it.

I am also using LLf Little Ones w/ a 4 year old. She already knows her letters and sounds and can write them, but she loves this book! My only complaint is that there is just one straight line to write on when working on letters. There may be a reason for this, but over here it is just a hindrance. I'd rather there be the two lines w/ the dotted line between or nothing at all. However, the opposite pages are left blank, so my little one usually does her writing over there. That's ok though. Like Caroline said, her little heart and soul is poured all over that book!

I am using this for my 3yo dd. She is loves this book. She already knows her letters and sounds, but I thought this book would be a good review. She does HWOT books for handwriting so we skip that part. I agree with the other poster though about there only being one line to write on.

My dd favorite parts are the picture study, poems, and the drawing. At her age I know she doesn't get all of the poems, but she still loves to hear them. I have her draw on a separate piece of paper, because she gets frustrated with not laying down flat. After she is done with her drawing then I write the poem on the page. I have kept them in a binder, and when we are done with the book I will make it into a book.

I am not sure about other people, but my dd doesn't like to do only one lesson a day. So I let her do multiple lessons at one time.

I have been contemplating getting the next book for her, but I would like to use OPGTR for phonics instead.

HTH

I am looking at this for my soon to be 5 year old. She know her capital/lower case letters by recognition, can write her capital letter - working on lower cases.

Has anyone used this?? I am all ears to your reviews..:bigear:

I placed my ds 6 by writing ability and have never used it for phonics lessons but rather for reinforcement. Quite frankly, I don't believe there's enough practice to drill phonics. We used Phonics Pathways instead. As to Queen's Language Lessons for Little Ones, we started with Vol. 1 despite the fact ds was reading short & long vowel words. I wanted to ensure he knew his alphabet and how to write his letters. He loved the book and we often completed 3-4 lessons at a sitting. Level 2 was a review of phonics but the amount of writing was perfect for ds. It also included a touch of simple grammar and introduction to sentences, paragraphs and basic punctuation. I was going to save vol. 3 for fall, but ds is begging to start now. Ds has finished PP and reads well, but LLFLO vol. 3 will reinforce the phonics he learned last year. The writing builds gradually and ends with ds copying short paragraphs. It also continues with the gentle building of grammar. My opinion is that it is a very gentle introduction to language arts for Preschool-1st graders. We've enjoyed using the series this far, and are looking forward to beginning vol. 3.

HTH!

I placed my ds 6 by writing ability and have never used it for phonics lessons but rather for reinforcement. Quite frankly, I don't believe there's enough practice to drill phonics. We used Phonics Pathways instead. As to Queen's Language Lessons for Little Ones, we started with Vol. 1 despite the fact ds was reading short & long vowel words. I wanted to ensure he knew his alphabet and how to write his letters. He loved the book and we often completed 3-4 lessons at a sitting. Level 2 was a review of phonics but the amount of writing was perfect for ds. It also included a touch of simple grammar and introduction to sentences, paragraphs and basic punctuation. I was going to save vol. 3 for fall, but ds is begging to start now. Ds has finished PP and reads well, but LLFLO vol. 3 will reinforce the phonics he learned last year. The writing builds gradually and ends with ds copying short paragraphs. It also continues with the gentle building of grammar. My opinion is that it is a very gentle introduction to language arts for Preschool-1st graders. We've enjoyed using the series this far, and are looking forward to beginning vol. 3.

HTH!

That was very helpful in making my decision to use these books for next year!