Menu

LifePac Select Astronomy -any users?

Hi, I'm trying to find out info on the LifePac Selects, which focus on one topic and use several levels of workbooks to cover the subj.

I've combed the Internet and I haven't found any real reviews. But I've used things that no one else has used and loved it, so I'm not ready to quit on this. :)

Has anyone used the Astronomy Select set? What opinions do you have?

Thanks!

Kim

My younger ds is working through the books now and he really enjoys them. He is an astronomy fanatic, so the subject matter attracts him. I wanted something that he could do on his own and not overwhelm him. Because the Pac's are thin and compact, they don't threaten him like some other curriculum. I wouldn't use LifePac's for the major subjects, but for light electives or something to work through the summer months - I would highly recommend.

I thought they were poorly put together. Each lifepac is just a unit pulled from some other grade's curriculum, so there is no review from lifepac to lifepac. Each is like it's own small curriculum, going on to something new each time. Felt very disjointed. There is the ease of use factor, and it's something educational to do, but as far as a serious curriculum I would use something else.

Anyone else? :) I understand that the units are from several levels and cover a certain number of topics, and the units aren't meant to flow into each other, so that doesn't bother me.

As far as drudgery, I've found that if a subj isn't interesting to you, it doesn't matter who wrote the text, it'll be drudgery. We love Astronomy, here, and have an observatory down the road from us.

As long and the entire subj is covered, that's okay by me.

Anyone feel that areas of coverage were missing?

Thanks...actually I picked up a college text the other day and may use it. It was 99 cents, ha!

Kim