Menu

What is your best smoothie recipe?

my kids LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE banana, peanut butter and milk. Sometimes I freeze milk in ice cube trays and will freeze sliced bananas so we can have this in our frozen version.

We also keep bags of frozen fruits to add to milk or soymilk. I will also add yogurt. We love strawberry/banana w/milk, frozen berries with yogurt, etc. I add flaxseed oil for the health benefits and it can't even be tasted.

There are so many options!

Edited by Denisemomof4

Here's my favorite:

1) In blender, liquefy a cup of fresh baby spinach in 16 oz of milk or unsweetened juice.

2) Add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder and as many frozen strawberries as the liquid will take -- perhaps 1 1/2-2 cups and blend. Mmmm! You will never taste the spinach AT ALL.

3) For variety, use tropical juices, add banana or other fruit, add almonds or walnuts, or use chocolate protein powder.

handful of baby spinach (raw)

1 cup of pineapple juice

1 banana

large handful of blueberries fresh or frozen

1/4 cup of cottage cheese (adds protein, but no flavor, and can't see it once blended)

scoop of acidophilus..the powdered form, a good bacteria for stomach/immune

Blueberries hide the spinach color, otherwise son would never eat if he saw any "green' or knew I put it in there.

Pineapple juice gives it a natural sweetener

Oh yeah, add handful of ice as needed to make thick.

Cottage cheese is my new protien "thing"...added it to pancakes, omelette, mashed potatoes, and smoothie....no one knows, doesn't add a taste....but whole lot of protien, and alot more natural than those "protein powders".

Yum!

my favorite?

strawberries.

fill blender to top w/ strawberries [frozen ok-- just read that stinkin' label!]

fill halfway w/ milk.

blend.

add more strawberries.

add sugar to taste [usually quite a bit for me].

take pitcher and go hide in closet so i don't have to share it.

If you're in the mood for a healthy smoothie that tastes like a dessert, try:

almondbreezemilk.jpg

1 cup chocolate unsweetened almond beverage

1 frozen banana

1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)

1 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)

a few ice cubes if you want it more slushy

You may add peanut butter if you don't mind the extra calories. This is a low-calorie drink b/c the almond "milk" has fewer calories than cow's milk (no lactose).

my favorite?

strawberries.

fill blender to top w/ strawberries [frozen ok-- just read that stinkin' label!]

fill halfway w/ milk.

blend.

add more strawberries.

add sugar to taste [usually quite a bit for me].

take pitcher and go hide in closet so i don't have to share it.

:D Peek, you reminded me of a time when I hid somewhere to eat by myself.

I have to confess I once downed three very rich chocolate truffles in the bathroom with the door locked.

There! Got that off my chest. :lol:

Here's my favorite:

1) In blender, liquefy a cup of fresh baby spinach in 16 oz of milk or unsweetened juice.

2) Add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder and as many frozen strawberries as the liquid will take -- perhaps 1 1/2-2 cups and blend. Mmmm! You will never taste the spinach AT ALL.

3) For variety, use tropical juices, add banana or other fruit, add almonds or walnuts, or use chocolate protein powder.

That's similar to my favorite:

1/2 cup almond milk with 1/2 cup water

3 cups baby spinach

scoop protein powder

1 tbls ground flax seeds

1 cup frozen fruit, (I keep blueberries, blackberries and strawberries on hand)

Yum!!

Last year I was into chocolate smoothies. I used one cup of soy milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 6 ice cubes.

Blend then add ONE of the following: 1 tbls peanut butter, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, 6 frozen strawberries or 1/2 tsp almond extract.

Enjoy!

:D Peek, you reminded me of a time when I hid somewhere to eat by myself.

I have to confess I once downed three very rich chocolate truffles in the bathroom with the door locked.

There! Got that off my chest. :lol:

ah yes......

like when dh opened the door to our little walk-in corner pantry a few years ago and saw me standing there in the dark eating those dried marshmallow bits outta the cereal. He paused for only a moment before grabbing what he came for and....closed the door [w/ me still inside, in the dark]. That was probably the smartest thing he has done, lol!