Menu

"On Cloud Nine"-anyone used it?

It is a math program from Lindamood-Bell and "integrates concept imagery and numeral imagery with language and applies that processing to math computation and problem solving".

I am looking for something to help my ds who has NVLD and is really struggling with math. It was mentioned to me today by his SLP as a possible source for him (she hasn't used it but suggested looking into it). He has major difficulty with word problems, concepts, visualizing, math language, etc. We have used Saxon and Math-U- See .

difficult to implement? We cannot afford the tutoring with Lindamood-Bell at this time.

Thanks!

Marie

It is a math program from Lindamood-Bell and "integrates concept imagery and numeral imagery with language and applies that processing to math computation and problem solving".

I am looking for something to help my ds who has NVLD and is really struggling with math. It was mentioned to me today by his SLP as a possible source for him (she hasn't used it but suggested looking into it). He has major difficulty with word problems, concepts, visualizing, math language, etc. We have used Saxon and Math-U- See .

difficult to implement? We cannot afford the tutoring with Lindamood-Bell at this time.

Thanks!

Marie

We've been using this program for a while. It's not at all difficult to implement at home - it's very scripted. And I think it might actually be more advantageous to do it this way, because instead of a limited number of intense and condensed sessions at LMB, you can continue using the program for as long as it's helpful, and actually integrate the methods with other math programs you may be using (On Cloud Nine is a method of presenting concepts, but you would need additional materials for reinforcement).

Initially I just bought the teacher's manual (the manipulatives are pricey and I thought I might be able to make some or buy them more cheaply) but eventually I went back and bought quite a few of the OCN manipulatives because I couldn't come up with anything else as attractive or colorful that fit in so effectively with the lessons.

These word problem practice books from EPS have been really effective as well: http://www.epsbooks.com/dynamic/catalog/series.asp?subject=76S&subjectdesc=Math&series=2411M

Hope this helps!