Menu

Best hotels on the Vegas Strip?

Dh and I may be able to get away for a few days and we're looking at Las Vegas. Dh wants to go somewhere he'll be "happy to leave in 3 days"! ;)

What are the best hotels on the Strip? We want SERVICE and professionalism!

TIA!

Edited by BabyBre

The Venetian is extremely elegant (and I believe there are no bad rooms there). The only downside is that you will do a lot of walking --- it's a huge place! They usually have good shows right there in the hotel. We saw the Blue Man Group, but there was also another show right in the hotel (it was Phantom of the Opera when we were there). The most amazing part of the hotel is the outdoor dining area that looks like a street in Italy -- walk down the sidewalk and choose which restaurant you like. Then, you look closer, and realize that you are indoors. The ceiling is really high and they have painted to look like early evening, with soft clouds and gentle light. It is truly amazing.

They usually have GREAT deals on rooms if you do your homework. Sign up for e-mail notifications from them. You probably won't have to pay more than $125/night with this economy. It is not far from the Treasure Island show -- that pirate ship thing. There is more than one swimming pool, so explore! Some of the best restaurants require reservations, so ask the hotel which ones you might want to reserve ahead of time. The French-style restaurant on the top floor (Bouchon) is amazing. We just had breakfast there, but even that was just breathtaking. Best service I have ever experienced --- anywhere. And the hotel room was also excellent.

And no, I'm not going to give you a second choice, except for maybe the Palazzo, which is actually connected to the Venetian. The Palazzo is pricier, but I believe both hotels share the same restaurants (and the Canyon Ranch Spa).

Edited to add: and of course there are gondolas and canals, but everyone knows that part of it. We didn't actually do the gondola thing, because we didn't want to be stared at. We were happy being the starers. One of the restaurants (Canaletto) overlooks the canals and has really good food.

Have a great time!

Julie

Edited by buddhabelly
canals (duh)

Now everybody's gonna think this is me, posting twice. I swear it's not me, but how funny that we both posted at the same time!! And while the Venetian is NOT smoky, it does have a scent. A good scent, but I would prefer just, you know, air!

We like the Venetian.

If I were to go soon, I would look into the smoke free hotel, only because the smoke kills me.

They usually have GREAT deals on rooms if you do your homework. Sign up for e-mail notifications from them. You probably won't have to pay more than $125/night with this economy. Julie

I've had my eye on the Venetian. Thanks for the tips, I haven't heard those anywhere else!

Any other recommendations?

I stayed at the Luxor a few weeks ago for a business conference (I'm not a Vegas fan.) It was OK, not great. I took a walk over to Mandalay Bay, at that place was really nice. Their ventilation system is so good that I couldn't even smell smoke when someone was smoking 15 ft away from me. It was also a lot better lit, and didn't seem so seedy.

I live in Vegas but don't ever stay on the Strip. LOL Friends/relatives have stayed at TI (Treasure Island) have enjoyed their stay. If I were to stay on the Strip I would pick Mandalay Bay. My family and I go there often for Shark's Reef and my dh's business parties. I've always enjoyed it. The Venetian is nice too. Unfortunately, the Guggenheim just closed there. Enjoy your stay!