Menu

AARGH! Ds 7 sounds like a seal...

All of the sudden he is sick with the worst barking cough and fever of 102. Should have known when he demanded to go to bed early. NOw I have him propped up in the sunroom next to me waiting for his meds to kick in and make feel a bit more comfortable. He can no longer speak as his throat hurts from coughing, I think. Oh, and he is very mucousy. Is this going around? Is there anything that will give him some comfort?

Melissa

My DD has had croup after the age of 5. She had it a lot as a toddler, and had it last winter at age 7. I can't remember what it's called, but the doctor can give them a shot to get rid of it. Meantime run a humidifier, and steam from a shower in a bathroom with the doors shut can help too.

Hope your DS feels better soon.

Whenever my dd started barking like a seal, it was always bacterial bronchitis. Antibiotics always helped her. It got so I would take her in the first day she barked, which was usually before the fever etc. had a chance to settle in.