Menu

How do you remove the dried-on grease from the surfaces around your stove?

Here's what I've tried so far:

Cabinets: Cabinet magic, mineral spirits, a garden variety of spray cleaners, and I think I've tried vinegar.

Stainless hood: Windex; Vinegar worked so-so, but took a lot of elbow grease and it felt like I was just smearing the grease around. Also, how do you clean those inserts for the vent? They are quite gooped up, too.

Anyone know of something that will dissolve it so all I have to do is wipe it off?

:lurk5:

Baking soda and water paste

:iagree: Magic Erasers tend to disintegrate faster when using them on 'crud'.

I use a sturdy wet dish cloth, and just dip it in a dish of baking soda repeatedly (as needed). I don't know of anything that will just dissolve it...

well, MAYBE Dawn Dissolver. But that is for baked on/cooked on gunk on dishes. I don't know what it would do to cabinets/walls. It comes in a plastic spray bottle, and works GREAT on dishes. Or maybe it would work well to just dilute some regular dish washing liquid and apply that, let it sit for a few minutes, and see if it wipes off. I'd think that'd require lots of rinsing though. If you don't rinse soap away, the residue tends to collect dirt faster. HTH