Menu

CLE Math users... How do you decide which level?

Misty

I didn't see a placement test or anything at the website. How do you decide? I'm wanting to get it for my 8yo daughter, who has only completed up through level C in Right Start Math. She is highly gifted and is ready for a little more acceleration than what I can give her with RS, so I'm looking at CLE. Any thoughts on this are welcome too.

Thanks!€

How do you find those? I went to the CLE site and typed in Diagnostic Test, then placement test. Both times it said it couldn't be found. I'd want the higher level ones, since my dd is going into 7th grade.

After entering site, select Browse Curriculum. On L sidebar, click Support Materials and Diagnostic tests should pop up.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see a placement test or anything at the website. How do you decide? I'm wanting to get it for my 8yo daughter, who has only completed up through level C in Right Start Math. She is highly gifted and is ready for a little more acceleration than what I can give her with RS, so I'm looking at CLE. Any thoughts on this are welcome too. Thanks!€

My dd is older than yours and she also finished RS Level C. We did online placement test and she tested into CLE Level 400. My dd is not gifted so perhaps your dd will place higher than that. I purchased 306-308 inexpensively in order to give CLE a "trial run". DD says she hates it and wants to return to RS even though she is doing really well with CLE (1 wrong per lesson). She doesn't like change nor does she like that CLE lessons are 4 pages long (worksheets) when she is used to a one page worksheet in RS. CLE covers concepts that RS has not covered in Level C such as decimals, mixed fractions, measurement, etc.. I like CLE and think the computation practice, speed drills, etc. will help solidify my dd's math skills so I plan to do it through the summer then will re-evaluate in the fall.