phathui5 Posted May 24, 2009 Share Posted May 24, 2009 My 3yo ds had his IEP meeting and speech evaluation with the local school this past Thursday. They speech pathologist said that he has a severe articulation delay and that he needs speech therapy twice a week. At first they told me they couldn't start it until September, but I got them to agree to putting him in now and then letting him participate in the ESY (extended school year) program. The next day they called me back and said that their supervisor said he can't get services over the summer and they we have to wait until September. He'll be four in September and I don't want to wait till then to start speech for him. It's bad enough that I took this long to get him evaluated. What can I do? Can the school wait four months to start? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.