Menu

Something similar to TOG?

Wildwood

Anything out there that is similar to TOG, yet includes lesson plans already laid out? I really like the looks of TOG, but just know that I will not follow through without an IG.

The Mystery of History has a new program called Illuminations that is probably the closest, though it will most likely be a 5 year program (also using All American History) instead of 4 year. It also isn't cheap (like TOG).

Winter Promise has a 4 year cycle, with guides for different age levels, though it relies on narration and doesn't have discussion questions.

Sonlight doesn't have a 4 year cycle, but has a lot of good books, and includes comprehension questions, but not the level of discussion questions that TOG has.

Other possibilities that I haven't used: My Father's World, Heart of Dakota and Biblioplan.

Heather

ooh, heather, where might i find this "illuminations"? is it already out?

Jennifer,

The final product is not out, it is due out in September, I believe. The publisher of MOH and AAH is the one producing it: Bright Ideas Press

Year 1, 2 and 3 should be out in September. Right now if you want to buy year 1 at a discount you can buy the bata version for $75 (all levels). If you want the final version it will be between $95-280 depending on how many levels you need and if it is digital version or CD. The prices are in the files of the MOH yahoo group. Those prices do not include the books and such needed to go with it.

Heather

What is in the guides from TruthQuest?

TruthQuest I would describe as an outline of history topics. The author then includes commentary on most the topics (from a Christian perspective) and then lists both spine texts and individual books you can use to read about that topic.

Heather