Menu

The Mood Cure...

Who is following the suggestions in the book? How are the results w/ you and/or your kiddos?

I am reading this and loving it. I'm on day 4 of no sugar/white anything, processed foods, aspartame, etc.

I'm using Stevia as a sweetner. Not bad.

What supplements do you take? How's it going?

Thanks in advance!

Who is following the suggestions in the book? How are the results w/ you and/or your kiddos?

I am reading this and loving it. I'm on day 4 of no sugar/white anything, processed foods, aspartame, etc.

I'm using Stevia as a sweetner. Not bad.

What supplements do you take? How's it going?

Thanks in advance!

I have never read the book but I do know that following the Specific Carb. Diet has made a night to day difference in our son and had made some major changes for me physically.

With it you take out all grains and sugars except honey. There are also other things that are allowed and not allowed.

I believe there are many children/adults that could be helped with diet change. The preservatives and food colors that is in so many of our foods is a major issue.

I hope you have continued success.

I have read the book and was really impressed but I tried it and it didn't really work well for me. I am bi-polar though so I don't know if it would be the same for other people. I can tell you that Valerium, Kava and GABA do help with calming as they even worked for me. You really need to research the first two as they are implicated in some liver damage cases. Kava was even taken off the market for while. The only place I could ever find the was at the health food store but I think some of them have become more popular and are sold at more locations now. My dh tried 5 HTP and it didn't help him at all, not for any of the symptoms she listed and it is pretty expensive. SAMe gave me terrible headaches and it also is very expensive. YMMV.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for sharing about this book. Can you tell me more about this book?

Are the "Now multi vitamins" a brand that can be purchased?

Does she recommend a specific eating plan as well? Is it low carb?

Does she talk about how certain foods trigger cravings? And moods?

I am going to go to the book store and try to purchase a copy of this book this weekend but would love more information.

Thank you and Bless you!

Hi Beth,

Thank you for sharing about this book. Can you tell me more about this book?

Are the "Now multi vitamins" a brand that can be purchased?

Does she recommend a specific eating plan as well? Is it low carb?

Does she talk about how certain foods trigger cravings? And moods?

I am going to go to the book store and try to purchase a copy of this book this weekend but would love more information.

Thank you and Bless you!

Hi,

Yes to all your questions. Great book. I'm following her suggestions and so far so good. No sugar/carbs for a week and I feel awesome.

Thanks for asking!

You're welcome.

I'm doing great on the no sugar/white cr:)ppy junk foods. Diet coke has been tough to give up. That was brutal. But I don't miss it anymore. In fact, yuck!

I've discovered ice tea w/ lemon is de-lish!

I'm taking 5htp & omega 3. I feel great -- but its also 80 degrees everyday and I've got a spring in my step.

Either way, great book. I highly recommend it.

I actually have the book from my library right now, but haven't read it. If you don't mind answering, Beth, what in world DO YOU EAT????? Eliminating sugar/white pretty much takes away everything I eat. I just don't know how to plan a meal around this.

Thanks!

Kim

I haven't read the book, but I've followed that diet plan before and felt much, much better! I had so much more energy when I stopped all sugar!

We are now using the gluten free/casein free diet plan for our aspergers son and our adhd son and we are doing it as a family. We don't do any sodas or junk food... I buy a whole lot more veggies... and NO food coloring. This was hardest on dh, but he is now reading labels and recognizing the coloring in stuff. When he fusses over the cost, I gently remind him that we could ditch the whole diet and put the boys on medication to help them instead and he is ready to reach for some more veggies and nitrite free meats! (NOT intended to put down anyone who uses medication... I like a couple of medication choices, but dh is completely against them)

For supplements, we use omega and zinc/ecchinacea and acidophilus (for digesting help with the challenged kids). I'd like to add more, but that's it for now.

Great book suggestion... I think I'll look it up!

I haven't read the book, but I've followed that diet plan before and felt much, much better! I had so much more energy when I stopped all sugar!

We are now using the gluten free/casein free diet plan for our aspergers son and our adhd son and we are doing it as a family. We don't do any sodas or junk food... I buy a whole lot more veggies... and NO food coloring. This was hardest on dh, but he is now reading labels and recognizing the coloring in stuff.

Again, my question, what in the world DO you eat and drink?? I am clueless about actually eating healthy. I know all the phrases, eat xx servings of fruit, veggies, etc. I just can't put it into action in real life.

Thanks!

Kim

Breakfasts: oatmeal, healthy cereal with almond milk, eggs and nitrite free sausage or ham...

Lunches: veggies, chili, dried fruit, hummus and rye crackers, chicken strips (homemade),

Dinners: rotisserie chicken, grilled meats, rice or potatoes, lots and lots of veggies, homemade egg rolls,

The key is to focus on what you can eat and not what you cannot. I found a great child-friendly gluten free/casein free autism/adhd cookbook at barnes and noble... great ideas!

I know there's more we eat, but that's what comes to mind right now.

And we drink lots of water... we have a good filter and good water and we drink it...

Thanks for the reply! A few ???s...Do you buy all your items at a regular grocery store or do you have to go to a specialty store? What would be considered a "healthy" cereal? Didn't even know almond milk existed! Nitrite free-where do you buy these?

Breakfasts: oatmeal, healthy cereal with almond milk, eggs and nitrite free sausage or ham...

Lunches: veggies, chili, dried fruit, hummus and rye crackers, chicken strips (homemade),

Dinners: rotisserie chicken, grilled meats, rice or potatoes, lots and lots of veggies, homemade egg rolls,

The key is to focus on what you can eat and not what you cannot. I found a great child-friendly gluten free/casein free autism/adhd cookbook at barnes and noble... great ideas!

I know there's more we eat, but that's what comes to mind right now.

And we drink lots of water... we have a good filter and good water and we drink it...

I noticed you don't have any breads listed. Are there any allowed?

Thanks!

Kim

I actually have the book from my library right now, but haven't read it. If you don't mind answering, Beth, what in world DO YOU EAT????? Eliminating sugar/white pretty much takes away everything I eat. I just don't know how to plan a meal around this.

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kim,

This is what I'm eating today.

Wake up: 2 cups of coffee w/ a splash of cream

Breakfast: 3 eggs

Snack: cottage cheese, banana

Lunch: salad w/ grilled chicken, yellow peppers, light dressing

Snack: another banana, string cheese

Dinner: Turkey wrap on wheat tortilla, maybe another salad

I drink iced tea all day.

I don't miss the sugar at all. The bread is a tough habit to break.

After trying on swimsuits last week, I don't care how bland my diet is right now. I need to drop 10 so I don't scare people away this summer!

Thanks, Beth. You're menu sounds good, not like cardboard! I'm just so used to eating the same things, the same way. It's hard to think differently. My life revolves around bread! :) Toast for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch.

I'll have to try the iced tea without sugar, but I believe here in Ga. that may be against the law!

Blessings,

Kim

Thanks, Beth. You're menu sounds good, not like cardboard! I'm just so used to eating the same things, the same way. It's hard to think differently. My life revolves around bread! :) Toast for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch.

I'll have to try the iced tea without sugar, but I believe here in Ga. that may be against the law!

Blessings,

Kim

Kim, you can do it! Bread is over-rated! :)

Use stevia as a sweetener. Yumm....

For us, we have to completely avoid breads unless I make them myself completely gluten free (can be done, I just don't often have the time). The wheat/gluten really messes up my autistic spectrum son. His anxiety increases with gluten and dairy.