Menu

Horrible Histories

I'm working on an order for the May deadline.. does anyone have the Horrible History magazines? Are they worth buying the set(s)? This is pretty much my one chance to order for the next year (because of shipping issues for me), so I'd like to make an informed decision. I looked at the sample pages, but would like to hear whether kids who like the books really like and read (and re-read) the magazines.. also, do they fall apart fairly easily? How's the physical quality?

tia!

Thanks.. my kids used to get My Big Backyard, which they love, but the

copies have just completely fallen apart and it's not like the kids read them over and over and over, this was with pretty minimal usage; I think the quality was just not that sturdy. But these history ones cost a bit, so I wanted to be sure they would last. I tried different things to restore our nature magazines, but then the kids weren't interested in them once they were laminated or put in page protectors or whatever -- like they lost their gloss, kwim? Are they stapled at the spine? How are they bound?

The Horrible Science magazines are about 25 (front and back) non-glossy pgs, stapled at the spine. More sturdy than Big Backyard, but we haven't had them long enough to be read more than a few times. :) You might ask Ray for more info too.

Thanks for your help, Jen. I'm thinking this year to work on getting the books we're missing, and maybe next year try the magazines. I put together the whole order, and adding in the magazines really pushed the total high.

I'm hoping between now and then I can try to find one somewhere that I can look at before actually buying a set...

Thanks again...