Menu

What would you do? FS board problem

I purchased something on the fs board. I waited for not quite a month and then emailed the person saying I had not received the books and asking when they had been mailed. The person responded, apologized, said they had mailed the books media mail within two days of my payment, and they did not keep the receipt. This was all they said and no offers of how to fix the problem.

What should I do? I know the person was not trying to cheat me, but I don't have the books and I am out the money.

Melinda

Media mail can take a very long time to reach you. I purchased something last year on this board and the sender sent it right away. Everyone else was receiving their order within a month. Mine took eight weeks to reach me. You will just have to wait awhile to see if it shows up. I know that is not the answer you want but if you didn't pay to have it shipped a faster method, you just wait.

This is obviously for future reference, but I pay an additional $0.75 for delivery confirmation and ask the seller to purchase it and forward the number to me as soon as they mail the item (that way it doesn't get misplaced). This has worked very well for me. It doesn't guarantee delivery or insure the package, but I have found that medial mail with delivery confirmation is a cheap way to give me peace of mind about the package.

ETA: I hope your package arrives soon. Media mail can take a long time. If you didn't insure the package, and the seller can produce proof of shipping, then I would take this as a personal loss. If the seller can't produce proof of shipping, then I would ask for 1/2 refund of the amount paid so that both of you incur the loss equally, but I would wait the full 8-week media mail delivery time frame.

HTH!

Edited by Beth in Central TX

This is obviously for future reference, but I pay an additional $0.75 for delivery confirmation and ask the seller to purchase it and forward the number to me as soon as they mail the item (that way it doesn't get misplaced). This has worked very well for me. It doesn't guarantee delivery or insure the package, but I have found that medial mail with delivery confirmation is a cheap way to give me peace of mind about the package.

ETA: I hope your package arrives soon. Media mail can take a long time. If you didn't insure the package, and the seller can produce proof of shipping, then I would take this as a personal loss. If the seller can't produce proof of shipping, then I would ask for 1/2 refund of the amount paid so that both of you incur the loss equally, but I would wait the full 8-week media mail delivery time frame.

HTH!

:iagree: