Menu

Why do my sunglasses make me feel short?

I know it is a very strange question but it is a very weird feeling.

First, I don't wear glasses or contacts so it isn't about changing glasses or anything like that.

Last week I went to Five Below (everything $5 and less) and bought a pair of sunglasses. Everytime I put them on and start walking I feel like I"m going to trip on my own feet and that I'm about 1 foot shorter than I was when I put them on. I don't seem to notice it while I'm driving, though.

Maybe I needed a more expensive pair? Or maybe it has to do with the rim and it changing my perception? I have no idea.

I know it is a very strange question but it is a very weird feeling.

First, I don't wear glasses or contacts so it isn't about changing glasses or anything like that.

Last week I went to Five Below (everything $5 and less) and bought a pair of sunglasses. Everytime I put them on and start walking I feel like I"m going to trip on my own feet and that I'm about 1 foot shorter than I was when I put them on. I don't seem to notice it while I'm driving, though.

Maybe I needed a more expensive pair? Or maybe it has to do with the rim and it changing my perception? I have no idea.

I remember that feeling when I was younger and I would wear my parent's prescription glasses for fun. Another poster might be right that they might have a slight prescription.