Menu

K5 Science

ethiHOPEia

I really like BFSU (Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding K-2). I like discussing things with ds and explaining things at his level. The few experiments (so far) have been really interesting, and using the inquiry approach, which is what I was looking for. The author, Dr. Bernard Nebel, has a great Yahoo! group that he actually answers questions on. It's great to be able to ask direct questions to the author of the curriculum.

Could you share your favorite K5 Science curriculums?

Thanks!

My library card and my back yard. At that age we enjoy exploring outside and simply reading about things that interest us. There is plenty of time for formal science in the upper grades.

Sagira, is the book written for parents to guide the student? I'm wondering if there's a lot of reading and preparation involved. We've been doing Abeka Science, Social studies, and Health. So far it's been nice as the kids each get their own readers which has nice pictures that we discuss and then later we explore outdoors. at our stage right now, I'd like to find more "hands-on" mini experiment ideas like "sink or float etc", but not with too much preparation or abstract explanations for the kids.