Menu

Computer based grammar?

busymama7

Is there a computer based grammar program, like teaching textbooks for math? My oldest is going into 7th grade and has had very little grammar. I was(am?) on the later is better for grammar band wagon, but am now rethinking that. We tried FLL and did not like it at all. I have 4 students, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th as well as a 1 year old and a 4 year old next year. I also go to school/work very part time and my husband is very busy with church responsibilities.

Where I get hung up is always the grading of work, so I thought maybe to free myself up a bit I could take advantage of computers for subjects that might lend themselves well to it. We dont want to switch math programs, but I was thinking if there was a grammar program that graded it for me, it could come in handy.

Thanks!

Have you looked at grammar key?

Another option...Though you'd still have to check it, Thinking Through Grammar is MUCH easier to implement (and grade) than most other programs. And it works (always a plus). There is a 6th grade level then high school. I would put a 7th grader in the 6th grade book, do grammar 2-3 days per week (each book has a different number of lessons), do the 9th grade book in 8th. The 4th and 6th graders could probably do the 6th grade book also though you might want to have them (esp 4th grader) do it again later. You could have them stagger, grade each other's work, or something to even lighten the load further.

HTHs,

Pamela

Awesome! Thanks! Any insight on what grade level to put them in(for grammar key).

I will also look at thinking through grammar and am also looking at growing with grammar although neither of those are computer. I still may hold off with the younger two, we'll see.