Menu

Maps on spring rollers.

Has anyone found an economical way to put maps on spring rollers? I hate changing ours all the time and I don't have enough wall space to put the ones we use most at the same time.

I tried a flip chart, but found that this took up more space than I wanted on our floor. I really want to find a way to put all our maps on the wall and have them on rollers like they do in school rooms.

Ideas on how to get around this would be wonderful! Or if you know of an inexpensive supplier of spring roller maps.

thanks,

Liz in NC

I know of a supplier http://www.socialstudies.com They have a world and US map on spring rollers for $250.00. It's on my list for my charter school money for next year. Although, I have an old world map and old roll down shade (and spray adhesive), I think I'll try that method at first. I can always use those dollars in other ways. I'll post about when I do it.

Julie in Monterey

I'm not sure what my budget is. I found the hardware for mounting your own maps onto spring rollers and they go for about $179 each! I was hoping to have about 5 maps up and ready to be pulled down.

So I really don't want to spend so much money on this. Perhaps I'll try the DIY method with my maps and some old roll down shades.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has done this and if it's worked!

BTW...I've gotten roll down shades for about $7 to $12 each...depending on the size. Beats paying $179, so I'm just going to give it a try!

Liz in NC

• 2 months later...