Menu

Women only poll....

What kind of femine products do you use?  

1. 1. What kind of femine products do you use?

• I use disposable pads.
    • I use disposable tampons.
    • I use a Keeper, Diva Cup, Instead or something similar.
    • I use cloth pads.

I use tampons, but I've been thinking of switching to one of the cup things for environmental reasons. So far, my fear of accidents has kept me from making a change.:o

Do it. You'll love it. I still needed to use a pad for the few days of my period because it's so heavy, but once it slowed (maybe 3rd day?) I could go without. I miss my Diva Cup terribly.

I voted tampons, but only because I was having a weird physical problem that I thought was related to the Diva. Turned out it wasn't (I'm still having the problem, months later), but until I get it figgered out, I don't want to chance going back.

Cloth pads 100% of the time.

I love, love, and I do mean love the pads from TLC Pads

Thank you for the link. I've been wanting to try cloth pads, but after my disaster trying to make my own bre*st pads for nursing, I was afraid. That's no something you want to mess up, kwim?

I use a natural sea sponge with cloth pad (thin liner type) for back-up, if needed, pretty much all the time (with the following exception).

If I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time, I use organic cotton tampons and pads.

I love the sea sponge/cloth pad combo. I tried the Keeper years ago and I always leaked so I gave it to a friend. I would like to try the Moon Cup or Diva and see how they work I just haven't taken the time to order one yet.

Instead. Nearly all of the time now. I also have some cloth pads that I use a little.

Abbey! Can you email me or send me a private message? I have some brand new Instead (I only tried one from the box and just couldn't figure it out...TMI!) Anyway, the rest are all unopened, wrapped and in the box. I'd be happy to send them to you if you're interested.

Angela

but I am considering getting a Diva or MoonCup as I found a NZ source. What is the difference between the 2? Do you prefer one over the other?

TIA,

I have only used the keeper & moon cup and know the difference was the material, the keeper is a firmer, the moon cup is softer. THis is a great website: http://sew-in-love.com/menstrual-cups.html

I love my cup, it's so freeing, it's like you are not even on your period. My routine is empty in the morning when I'm going to shower, once during the day and before bed, I think over time, my periods actually became lighter. No more carrying stuff around in my purse. Seriously, when you go to the bathroom, nothing to change, no mess except 2-3 times a day when you are emptying it. Plus YOU CAN'T FEEL IT!! (at least if you do, it's not in right) I made the mistake after I first got mine, we were going on vacation and I wasn't sure what the bathroom situation would be, so I took tampons along and left my keeper at home (that's what I was using at the time) Oh my I was SO uncomfortable. Once you get use to it, you will never go back (at least that's been my experience.)

If you haven't tried one, you should, what do you have to loose? They have a refund warranty, I spent about $25.00 on my original keeper and used it for about five years, I have since replaced it with a Moon Cup because I got a great deal, like $14.00 through Frontierco-op wholesale that a lady I know orders from (it was on sale) I've used it for about a year and a half so far and like it better. (just softer)

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Kristine

... I tried the Keeper years ago and I always leaked so I gave it to a friend. I would like to try the Moon Cup or Diva and see how they work I just haven't taken the time to order one yet.

If the Keeper didn't work for you, Moon Cup and Diva probably won't either. They all have a nearly identical shape, and if one won't work for you, probably none of them will. You could try Instead, which is the same concept, but a totally different design. It seems that many women can use one style (Keeper/MoonCup/Diva) or the other (Instead) but not both. For me, I tried Instead pre-kids and it didn't work. I didn't try the Keeper till after ds was born, and it worked fine. After dd was born, the Keeper didn't work any more, but I tried Instead again and have used it ever since.

If the Keeper didn't work for you, Moon Cup and Diva probably won't either. They all have a nearly identical shape, and if one won't work for you, probably none of them will. You could try Instead, which is the same concept, but a totally different design. It seems that many women can use one style (Keeper/MoonCup/Diva) or the other (Instead) but not both. For me, I tried Instead pre-kids and it didn't work. I didn't try the Keeper till after ds was born, and it worked fine. After dd was born, the Keeper didn't work any more, but I tried Instead again and have used it ever since.

I have some Instead and had trouble with it. Is there a learning curve to using them? I have tried them a couple times and just can't seem to get them in right (they leak, too).

I was thinking of trying the Moon Cup because the material is different (someone mentioned it is softer), so I was hoping it would form to my shape better and maybe not leak. Maybe this is wishful thinking?

I'll try my Instead again and see what happens. Thanks.

I have some Instead and had trouble with it. Is there a learning curve to using them? I have tried them a couple times and just can't seem to get them in right (they leak, too).

I was thinking of trying the Moon Cup because the material is different (someone mentioned it is softer), so I was hoping it would form to my shape better and maybe not leak. Maybe this is wishful thinking?

I'll try my Instead again and see what happens. Thanks.

Deece, I'm PMing you in a minute.

Actually, I have heard exactly the opposite. I'm on a very large board of crunchy moms where the cups are discussed ad infinitum, LOL, and I've heard many women say the Diva didn't work for them, but the Keeper or the Mooncup did, or vice versa. If you're willing to invest again, you might try the Diva Cup. I've also heard the same thing about the Instead cups, that they didn't work for people who loved the non-disposable cups, and vice versa.

This is a poll for women who have their monthly cycle only.

I'm just curious what method of feminine products you mainly use. (more than 50% of the time)

Kristine

I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 tampons and pads. I use Natura-care's cotton tampons when sleeping because I can't stand underwear when I'm sleeping. I use Natura-care's disposible pads during the day because I'm wary of using tampons all the time.