Menu

A "Something is sticking!" moment...

I love it when your kids give you one of those "I'm not wasting all of my time, they do love to learn" moments... the other day we got a letter from our county announcing that because of a 911 check our address would be changing. Of course I just spent a couple of weeks helping my youngest two memorize and write it out:tongue_smilie:! Anyway, we were headed for the library and I announced we all needed to help each other with the new number, 1760, my kids proceeded to discuss going home and making a list of all the things that happened in history in the year 1760 and how that would really help with remembering the new address!

Needless to say my husband just rolled his eyes, but I know inside his buttons were bursting!:D

I know we all are blessed with these moments, they sure help me remember that all of the time, energy, and tears I am spending are for an amazing cause.

Please share.:)

That's great! Hopefully they will learn their new address very quickly that way.

Today we had some opportunities to apply practical science to the things we were doing. I loved it when dd7 showed me the balance point of the plank she was using. Ds11 showed us how a job was easier when he lowered his center of gravity to keep from getting pulled over by a really heavy load. I know it sticks when they can use it in real life.

Dh found Miss 2 reading a book this afternoon, running her finger along under each line of writing and occasionally pointing at pictures. I don't read to her much, (she won't let me!) but it seems that each little bit counts.

:)

Rosie