Menu

The test scores are in, I can stop worrying now.

nukeswife

We did the ITBS this year instead of the CAT survey. So it was a big jump in the amount of questions. I was worried about my dd, I thought the test I bought was a level too high, but turned out I had nothing to worry about. She scored well across the board. Her lowest was spelling which was 5th stanine, so I'm pleased. I guess she's reading better than I thought.

My son's scores were a bit lower than I thought, but his overall composite is

6th stanine which is enough to satisfy the state. His lowest score were in capitalization, punctuation and spelling, which I pretty much knew. I was planning to focus on that this next year so it wasn't really a surprise. However his math scores threw me a bit. Prob. solving and data interpretation and math computation was 4th stanine, which was slightly lower than I thought it would be. Although I'm thinking it was because he tends to make careless computation mistakes which we're working on.

Overall the results are great. Both kids satisfied the states requirements that will keep them from putting us on "probation" and I was assured that I do know just where my kids need work and where they are doing fine. They both rocked the Science and Social Studies sections with highest marks across the board in those subjects. I guess we know where their interests lie.

Glad to hear it. I was just telling a friend I think all homeschoolers are a little neurotic this time of year, taking tests, doing evaluations, waiting on test scores or trying to get through the book. We'll probably have a couple of months' wait on our scores, but with the tests behind us, I feel like we can enjoy the remainder of the year a bit more.