Menu

Bible for K5, 2nd/3rd, 8th?

TraceyS/FL

There is hopefully a chance that i'll need to buy for these subjects (and this would be a GOOD thing if you are wondering).

I will need to provide this:

The Course of study for every student under the **** Home School Umbrella must include a curricular Bible course as part of their course work and all courses must be graded on no less than a semester level.

I think i'm planning on CLE 2 & 8th for those 2, but my K5'er has me stumped.

I recorded Homesat this year - but had to decide to NOT record Bible in order to get the more expensive classes to do outside of Homesat (high school math & science).

I won't have the money in time to register and buy the K5 Bible class for Homesat either - which is a bummer.

Is there anything else i could look at for her?

And are the grade levels of the 2nd and 8th on target? The 2nd grader starts Reading & English 2 with Homesat next week, so should technically have a decent start under her belt by the time we'd start this in August.

Thanks for any input!

Wellll...at 5, we just used Leading Little Ones to God as a devotional. I would do that again in a heartbeat, as well as reading a children's bible.

Oops, strike that--I totally forgot--we also used Names of God by Robin Pryor, an unpublished course she authored that uses short books of Bible retellings, stories she wrote herself, activities, art projects, memory verses and a prayer notebook. It's fabulous, but I wish she'd officially publish it. It's used as a K curriculum at Prestonwood Baptist Church's school near Dallas.

I'm not sure that just a devotional would work to satisfy the schools requirement - i guess i could ask them if they have any other options to suggest.

She will be doing Homesat, K5 Beginnings & either K5 Math or MUS. She's more than ready to start both of those now - and we will when i can get the books. She also will not be of compulsory school age - but will need to be enrolled in school to satisfy a divorce "thing" (about all i can say on it at the moment). Hence the need for some "school like".

I'll go search those out though and see how i might be able to get them to work for me.