Menu

Divide Curriculum Board?

This has probably been suggested dozens of times, but I have to ask! Is there any way to divide the curriculum board into subtopics like: curriculum, language arts, science, math, history, elective? There are so many great posts on here and well... I lose a lot of them. It would just seems like it would be easier to find what we were all looking for.

Here's Hoping,

Lisa

I don't want to ruffle any feathers but there is a website like that. It isn't very active right now because no one really knows about it , www.freewebs.com/homeschoolresource I'd love to see it become a bit active because its a nice board.

That is if your looking to talk about topics in seperate forums. I like this board as well and will always come to it but its nice to have the subjects seperated too.

I like the board as is since I think it is easier to stumble upon fantastic ideas that I would not have if they were sub-divided.:) I often find threads/topics that I think would be missed if they were separated out.

If you use the search feature it will help you find the particular subjects you are looking for:) JMHO:)

I like the board as is since I think it is easier to stumble upon fantastic ideas that I would not have if they were sub-divided.:) I often find threads/topics that I think would be missed if they were separated out.

If you use the search feature it will help you find the particular subjects you are looking for:) JMHO:)

:iagree: That's basically what I was going to say. It almost gets harder going from this place to that place to another place.... I, too, have stumbled on things I might not have seen if it was divided. As priscilla said, if you use the search feature it will bring up topics you'd like.

I like it with the topics mixed, too, BUT I would like to see it divided by age group. There seem to be so many with primary aged children. Maybe have a group for up to age 8 and one for ages 9-13 or wherever you want to cut it off (since there's already a high school board.) Or if people prefer, grade levels such as up to Grade 3 and then Grades 4-8...

:iagree:I can't even count the number of times I've come across great ideas because the topics aren't separated.

I like it with the topics mixed, too, BUT I would like to see it divided by age group. There seem to be so many with primary aged children. Maybe have a group for up to age 8 and one for ages 9-13 or wherever you want to cut it off (since there's already a high school board.) Or if people prefer, grade levels such as up to Grade 3 and then Grades 4-8...

I think it would be a great idea if there could be a division, say by "stages". I know that those who have older dc provide inspiration and wisdom to those who have younger dc; however, this has never stopped me from checking out and asking questions on the high school board should the need arise.

Just my 2 cents.

This has probably been suggested dozens of times, but I have to ask! Is there any way to divide the curriculum board into subtopics like: curriculum, language arts, science, math, history, elective? There are so many great posts on here and well... I lose a lot of them. It would just seems like it would be easier to find what we were all looking for.

Here's Hoping,

Lisa

Yes, it has been suggested many times. No, we're not planning to do it. :)