Menu

Whatcha cooking tonight?

Dinner has been served in Denmark. ;)

I put four portions of salmon in a ceramic baking dish with sliced red pepper, half a red onion sliced, and baby corn on the top. I drizzled it with olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt and ground black pepper. I baked this in a high oven. I served this with boiled small potatoes, steamed baby carrots and steamed sugar snap peas. We also had mayonnaise with freshly chopped chives at the table.

It was very colourful and invented today because I wanted something quick after we got back from the swimming pool.

I'm making Poulet aux pruneaux, haricots verts a l'ail, and something having to do with a potato, but I haven't figured out what yet. (Any suggestions? Low-maintenance would be nice, but there will be lots of tasty white-wine-and-cream sauce for the chicken, and you kind of want something that's going to taste good with the sauce.)

Mashed potatoes, so I don't waste my chicken broth (again)

Green beans, because they're green.

And something else. I've got a lb of gr beef & Google. Just not my grandmother's meatloaf. Shh.

Do Shepherd's Pie!

Saute an onion or two, maybe with some other veggies if you have them--mushrooms and corn are my fave--then add the gd. beef. When that's cooked, put it all in a casserole dish, put the mashers on top, and bake until piping!

Hot, that is. Piping hot.

Oh, and if you have lot of chicken broth you're trying to get rid of, make a roux, and then use the chicken broth to make gravy. You can add that to the meat.

We've got a bottle of Rex Goliath (aka: Cheap Rooster Red), several different types of cheese, a box of wholesome crackers, and a couple chunks of bread. We'll probably slice up an apple. And, we'll serve it all with...

SARDINES!!!! taunt014.gif

Doran

We've got a bottle of Rex Goliath (aka: Cheap Rooster Red), several different types of cheese, a box of wholesome crackers, and a couple chunks of bread. We'll probably slice up an apple. And, we'll serve it all with...

SARDINES!!!! taunt014.gif

Doran

ROFL! Sounds like dinner at our house many nights (toooo many nights, actually)!

This was so easy and really good (and I don't even like shrimp much). I heated some sesame oil w/ soy sauce, ginger & garlic, dumped in 1/2 bag of frozen veggies and a bag of semi-frozen shrimp, and pushed it around for 15 min. It was actually done sooner, but I forgot to put the rice on early enough, so turned down the heat on the shrimp. I threw some sesame seeds on the last few minutes too.

Do Shepherd's Pie!

Saute an onion or two, maybe with some other veggies if you have them--mushrooms and corn are my fave--then add the gd. beef. When that's cooked, put it all in a casserole dish, put the mashers on top, and bake until piping!

Hot, that is. Piping hot.

Oh, and if you have lot of chicken broth you're trying to get rid of, make a roux, and then use the chicken broth to make gravy. You can add that to the meat.

Oh, Sarah. We're from different parts of the world, you & I. Potatoes. Those go beside other foods. Beside. ;)