Menu

Rabbits are eating my roses...please help.

Arrrrgggghhhh BUNNIES! So cute, so furry, so destructive.

I make a homemade bunnie-be-gone spray.

Blend two eggs with a drop of dish soap and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (powder) with enough water to make a quart.

Spray on anything you don't want the bunnies to eat. They hate the smell of raw eggs. You'll have to reappy after a rain, of course. It should last a week or two in dry weather.

Eliminating the bunnies helps even more. ;)

Do you have a dog, or do you know someone who has a dog and would give you their combings? We spread dog hair around the shoots in our garden as soon as they come up, and have never had a problem with rabbits. We also take the dogs for regular "watering duty" around the perimeter of the garden. It seems the smell of predators is enough to keep the bunnies out of our garden- maybe it will work for your roses?

-Robin

Do you have a dog, or do you know someone who has a dog and would give you their combings? We spread dog hair around the shoots in our garden as soon as they come up, and have never had a problem with rabbits. We also take the dogs for regular "watering duty" around the perimeter of the garden. It seems the smell of predators is enough to keep the bunnies out of our garden- maybe it will work for your roses?

-Robin

That does not always work though as my dogs are constantly catching and attmepting to eat the rabbits that go into our fenced yard but they keep coming back. UGH.

We just put smaller gauge wire around our garden this year.

I have two words to say about getting rid of pesty critters -- PREDATOR POOP. :D

I've never used this method myself, but have read about this and it is supposed to be very effective. You might want to research it out.

Good luck!

Lucinda