Menu

Meet Charlie....

I just have to share. LOL Yesterday, we got a delivery at the post office of 30 buff orpingtons.

IMG_7219_1.jpg

As you can see...there is ONE little chicken that is obviously NOT a buff orpington. :) I am not really sure what he is, but I am thinking he may be a Dominique. At any rate, he is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and I have named him Charlie. :)

IMG_7229_1.jpg

These are seriously the cutest little things I've ever seen. I'm floored!

But....what in the heck are you going to do with the 30 little darlings? i can just picture my cat chasing them around the house, and my 6 year old insisting on dressing them up in doll clothes and sleeping with them every night.. :)

LOL - that is almost the scene here! We live on a farm, and we have a chicken house out back that they will move to when they get older. Right now, they live in my garage under a red light. icon10.gif

I was surprised at how much my 5 year old wants to "hold" them. We have to keep him out of the garage so he forgets they are there. Poor things are going to be traumatized. Oh...and God forbid we ever let the 2 cats or my dog out while they are in their brooder in the garage.

Adorable! I love new chicks.

I was surprised at how much my 5 year old wants to "hold" them. We have to keep him out of the garage so he forgets they are there. Poor things are going to be traumatized.

If he can be slow and gentle, let him hold away!

We have chicks in the basement and hens we raised from chicks last year (two are buff orpingtons :) ), and the chicks are/were handled and petted and hand-fed every day. They like to perch on the boys' hands.

Our adults hens are very friendly, especially the Orpingtons. It makes it very easy when we need to catch them.

LOL about the cats. Our cat lost interest once they got bigger. Now he guards them. He chases the neighbor cats who come into the chicken yard.

Cat