Menu

If you hang out your clothes, shake them carefully as you take them off the line.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Guest Virginia Dawn

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning when I felt something crawling on my leg. It was large and scratchy feeling. I grabbed it through the leg of my pajama pants and ran to the bathroom, stripped, and shook out my pants. There was a fat, hairy, black bumble bee! It must have been inside my folded clothes for a couple of days. Shudder.

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning when I felt something crawling on my leg. It was large and scratchy feeling. I grabbed it through the leg of my pajama pants and ran to the bathroom, stripped, and shook out my pants. There was a fat, hairy, black bumble bee! It must have been inside my folded clothes for a couple of days. Shudder.

Our washing is blowing in the breeze right now.

Laura

I would have screamed loud enough to wake the neighbors! Poor you, lol.

Ok I was really about to buy one of those rotary line dryers but now I am not so sure!!

I've never come across an insect in my clothes. Just think, if you use a tumble dryer, it could ignite your house! What's the odd bee in comparison?

Laura

This is why I now put the clothes in the dryer for about 5 minutes after bringing them in off the line! I found a bumble bee on our bed after dumping the warm laundry to be folded onto the bed. He didn't survive the tumble in the dryer :)

Heather in MD

I've never come across an insect in my clothes. Just think, if you use a tumble dryer, it could ignite your house! What's the odd bee in comparison?

Depends on your allergy level to biting bugs. I'm TERRIFIED of being stung by a bee. I never have been - and can get a golf ball sized welt in 10 minutes from a mere mosquito.

I know have an irrational fear of line drying stuff here in FL... on my fire ant filled yard with wasps & mosquitos & bees all around.... :tongue_smilie:

I had bumble bees in my clothes twice one summer..but never after that. The 2 times I did have a bee, I had brought my clthes in after dark and I always wondered if that was the reason, so I did that again. I hung clothes out for almost 20 years and only had a problem that one summer, in that one yard. But my hubby still teases me about the strip dance I did getting out of those jeans when I figured out there was a bee in there!