Menu

I saw something fluttering around my backyard late last night.

Bats are wonderful to have around as bug control. We keep meaning to build bat houses to attract more to our buggy property.

They sometimes fly a bit low for my taste, but nothing to worry about.

When I was little, my mom went to hang laundry outside, stuck her hand in the clothes pin bag that hung outside, and pulled out a bat. Freaky, but no damage done! :001_smile:

I'm in Madison now (by Huntsville), but four years ago I was in Monrovia. While sitting on our deck at around 9:30 or 10:00 at night, this HUGE moth flew towards our bug light. It must have been five inches across! We thought it was a bat until it came back and we realized it was a moth. :scared: I'd only seen moths that big in zoo exhibits!!

Bats are wonderful to have around as bug control. We keep meaning to build bat houses to attract more to our buggy property.

They sometimes fly a bit low for my taste, but nothing to worry about.

When I was little, my mom went to hang laundry outside, stuck her hand in the clothes pin bag that hung outside, and pulled out a bat. Freaky, but no damage done! :001_smile:

I remember going out just after dark to bring in the laundry when I was a teen (I had forgotten to do it earlier in the day). I dropped a clothespin in the bag, and heard a rustling sound, and a bat flew out!

Wendi