Menu

Does anyone else get tired of finding nerf guns and footballs in their bed?

No, but I am tired of finding air soft pellets on our carpet, on our patio, and in the washer and dryer. Ugh!

I was coming to say the same thing! Except I find them in the beds too. They are EVERYWHERE!!!! Of course, DH likes to start AS wars indoors and I have to exile them out. Sometimes I am gone and they do it anyhow. :D

I think it will be a long time before it ends. If you have children in your home then I am certain you will always be finding things in your bed!!:tongue_smilie: We do our homeschool in my room and I find, headphones, pencils, pens, crayons, small toys from the baby, sippy cups, man, the list goes on!! I make my bed twice a day. Morning and night. for years, and I'm sure for years to come!!

I'm not trying to start an argument...and this is addressed to all confessors in this thread, not just the OP....but in all honesty...Why don't y'all just close the door? There are places in my house my son is not allowed to be .....dad's power tool workshop, the roof, the attic, and our bedroom. Boundary lessons are important.

And because I know this will come up....even when we co-slept as a family...after we were dressed and the bed was made, the door was closed. That room was off limits until bedtime.

I'm not trying to start an argument...and this is addressed to all confessors in this thread, not just the OP....but in all honesty...Why don't y'all just close the door? There are places in my house my son is not allowed to be .....dad's power tool workshop, the roof, the attic, and our bedroom. Boundary lessons are important.

And because I know this will come up....even when we co-slept as a family...after we were dressed and the bed was made, the door was closed. That room was off limits until bedtime.

I think this thread was more in humor and good fun. My bedroom is also off limits except when Mom or Dad invites you in. However, I spend 50% of my time in here as this is where the computer, bed, desk, and many other things are kept (biggest room in the house). SO, the kids are in here a lot.

The reason pellets get in here is because they are tracked in on feet.

Plus, some people want their children to feel welcome to every room in their home.

My bio-Dad hated us in the bedroom even if we had nightmares. It hurt my mother terribly to turn us away. She told me she always wished she had just gotten up and slept with us.

So, we have a lock on our door for when we need privacy. But, otherwise our bedroom is a wonderful secret haven that my children adore to spend time in. I think it's quite sweet actually.

When they need some time alone our entire bedroom is the comfort corner. It's seems so much nicer than the SuperNanny force them to sit on the bottom step thing.