Menu

Default Does anyone know where SWB's "The Complete Writer" fits in?

Well, Susan posted about this just recently. I believe that the first volume is for grades 1-4. It's a complete writing program for the first four years. However, there will be accompanying workbooks to go along with it for each individual year.

So FLL would be grammar, The Complete Writer would be writing.

At least that's the way I understand it!;)

will be a three-volume writing handbook that lays out a yearly plan for elementary (Vol. I, out soon), middle school (Vol. II, working on it!), and high school (Vol. III, down the road).

Each volume can be used as a stand-alone, but for parents who like a little more structure, each volume will also have four workbooks that you can buy to go along with it (grades 1-4 for Volume I, grades 5-8 for Volume II, grades 9-12 for Volume III).

This is a complete writing program that supplements your grammar and spelling programs.

Hope that helps...if you have more questions, let me know.

if you have more questions, let me know.

Since you offered...:o

1. Is this an extension of what you have already recommended for writing?

2. Does "The Complete Writer" cover modern writing exclusively or will this be something that will be useful to those who wish to use the progymnasmata?

3. How would it be useful for those wishing to use the progymnasmata?

4. When will samples be available of the book and workbook?

5. Will this replace your curriculum suggestions in The Well-Trained Mind for writing?

6. Will the workbook provide all that is needed to complete the objectives in "The Complete Writer"?

7. Will there be another updated edition of The Well-Trained Mind in the near future (2-3 years)?

Thank you for your amazing work,

Jessica

I saw on your blog that you are editing the level 2 of the writing curriculum. I saw your post the other day, but can you give a little more details about this? First, when is the estimated release date? I know you said there will be a book and workbooks. What grade level is the one that is coming out? Are there daily lessons? Weekly assignments? I'd love to hear a bit more if you have the time. Thanks!

So when can we see samples? My big frustration with writing programs is that they're extensive, complex, expensive...and unavailable to look at. (Actually this is my frustration with homeschooling, but writing is the worst.) I want to be able to look at a large chunk of the text so I can properly judge it; a couple of pages isn't enough. How do I get that without buying it first?

We're using CW Aesop A, second grade, and I like it a lot, but I'm not irrevocably committed (yet)--though I like it much better than IEW or WS. How does this compare?

Since you offered...:o

2. Does "The Complete Writer" cover modern writing exclusively or will this be something that will be useful to those who wish to use the progymnasmata?

5. Will this replace your curriculum suggestions in The Well-Trained Mind for writing?

6. Will the workbook provide all that is needed to complete the objectives in "The Complete Writer"?

7. Will there be another updated edition of The Well-Trained Mind in the near future (2-3 years)?

Thank you for your amazing work,

Jessica

I was hoping to find these questions answered...SWB?

Yep.

The progymnasmata form the basis of the upper-level exercises, starting in seventh grade.

See above.

Within a couple of weeks....we're working on it. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, for elementary writing.

Yep. Workbook means you don't have to do anything but follow the directions.

I hope so--it's about time to update prices and curricula info...again, I'll keep you posted.