Menu

First horse show was Saturday...

I know some of you have been keeping up with my daughter's adventures into horsemanship. She had a 4-H clinic and training show on Saturday.

I put pictures and a brief description of the day up on my blog.

Horse show

On advice from her instructor we entered her in the junior division. Her instructor felt that novice might not be enough of a challenge for her. I entered her in fitting and showing and she had never done it before. She also competed in English equitation and English pleasure. She did fantastic. I learned a ton especially on how to work as a team. :) We had quite a day.

Thanks for reading.

Jennie

Congratulations to Natalie on her placings. Horse showing can be so much fun. It sounds like with 4H shows that there's not alot of the political junk that goes along with non 4H shows. Can't wait to hear how she does in her next show. We're planning on taking my daughter's Thoroughbred mare to her first show in a couple of weeks. If you think of it, please pray for them (me) because this horse will barely keep four feet on the ground when she's not in familiar territory. That and the fact that I will probably be trailering us there and I haven't had any trailering lessons....yet....! Way to go Natalie. That little mare is really pretty too. I love Arabians!