Menu

Christian Light Education Penmanship

I am considering CLE LA for 2nd grade . I am looking at their samples and I am not satisfied with their Penmanship . Also , the spelling seems too easy.

Anyone is using CLE LA with another program for spelling and/or penmanship ?

I like better New American cursive for handwriting.

He leaves them blank for now. My older son is doing CLE LA 3 and I have him go ahead and do the writing (it is more like copywork at this point) but use his own style of cursive and not theirs. I do not grade it closely...I just make sure it is legible and neat. If I can read it and the letters look nice, then I am not going to freak out over slant (or lack thereof), curly doodles on the letters, or anything else. :)

I'm using CLE 2 with my daughter and I'm not using their penmanship. My daughter has been happy with A Reason for Handwriting, so we're just continuing on with that. Prior to CLE, I had been doing SWR with her, so CLE spelling is quite a change. She is a natural speller though, so I think it's going to be okay.

Lisa

I am considering CLE LA for 2nd grade . I am looking at their samples and I am not satisfied with their Penmanship . Also , the spelling seems too easy.

Anyone is using CLE LA with another program for spelling and/or penmanship ?

I like better New American cursive for handwriting.

Yes, we use CLE with HWT and AAS.

Jennie