Menu

A big Thank You to everyone who participated in the What I'm Good At post

Did you notice how many of us had a hard time doing that? I think we need to think about what we are good at a great deal more often than we do, and I thank you for getting us started! It was very interesting to see what others' talents and interests are- maybe we should do this once a month, hmm?

LB

How long have you been knitting? I don't know if that's something I'll ever get the hang of. I probably need someone sitting right next to me teaching, rather than trying to learn from a book.

Oh, I 've been knitting for just 3 years. It is definitely still a work in progress. I can always learn new things too, which is great!

I'm a great speller, and I"m good at organizing through paperwork. I can pull together a spreadsheet adn have people where they need to be in no time! I can also tell you who has paid and who owes what. Do NOT ask me to talk much to those people though! And, I'm pretty good at decorating, when DH lets me ;)

I have *always* wanted to learn to quilt.

I just love the quilts my grandmother made when I was young. Aren't those kinds of things just so special?

Yes, they are :)

I have a quilt that my great-grandma made and I just love it. I don't use it right now because it needs some repairs and I don't want to make it worse.

Quilting was one of those things that I kept saying I would like to do "someday". Finally, I just told myself I can't wait for "someday" to come because it never will.

I started quilting about 5 years ago and shortly after that my dh started quilting. It is really nice that we can do this together.

My dd has also started sewing her own creations.

We are having a lot of fun with it and I am glad I decided to just do it.

Okay, I am very good at taking responsibility and getting a job done (think volunteer things here, tho I do it at home, too lol). I write a good newsletter. I can be silly and joke around with my kids. I'm a good cook and baker. I'm sure there's much more, but I'll have to think about it. :)

Okay, I am very good at taking responsibility and getting a job done (think volunteer things here, tho I do it at home, too lol). I write a good newsletter. I can be silly and joke around with my kids. I'm a good cook and baker. I'm sure there's much more, but I'll have to think about it. :cool:

...If you didn't add to the former post, how about posting here...

I didn't post in that one. But I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

On my part... I can learn *anything*. Anything at all. Just give me a little time (b/c I'm getting older and that learning curve does seem to be getting steeper), and I can figure it out.

I hope that I am encouraging, and can make people laugh. That's a hard one to put down as a definitive statement, though, because I wonder where it falls between what we think we are and what others think we are. I've heard the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I do aspire to that. Daily. (There are too many people in this house, alone, who need laughter and encouragement for me not to keep working at it!)

Anyway, it was a delightful thread, and to be honest, there were so many things I could have added to those of you I've come to know - things you are wonderful at doing, and have done for me, or for others, that shines through beautifully. Good stuff.

I think I am good at organizing, especially my house and the kids school work. I don't do so good with outside obligations as it's hard to organize other people!

I am good at 'hearing' music; I love to sing and can harmonize with almost anyone singing almost any type of music.

I am good at getting on other peoples' nerves as my personality seems to grate on most people that I meet.