Jump to content



  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


203 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is definitely something to think about. My daughter was accepted to a school a few weeks ago, into their theater department. A week after her acceptance, I found out online (not from the school, but from someone else in theater in the same area) that this school had decided to get rid of their theater department. The very next day, my daughter received an email from the school that they will no longer have the major for which she was admitted for, but they still wanted her as an undecided major. We took a few days to talk it over and then officially declined the offer. 😞 With Covid and the strange 2020 we've had. This is something we all have to look into more. 😞 Angie
  2. So, my daughter has been accepted to 8 schools. She's working on applying to honors colleges as well as top scholarships. It's getting overwhelming. We are waiting to hear back from her only EA school (will hear 12/15). If she gets accepted to this school, she will commit. I hope we can end the crazy on 12/15! She has one other school She's waiting to hear from (in March) and 6 more applications She's working on supplemental essays for. She'll submit these applications between now and December 20th (hopefully). So glad she has options, but her top schools are the ones she's either waiting to hear from or hasn't submitted yet. I keep telling myself there will be an end to the madness! LOL
  3. So, what I've learned is that the College Board sends scores on Wednesdays. So, if you were to schedule a score to send today, it will not send out until next Wednesday. If you schedule to have the score sent before the test, the scores are sent out according to their schedule online. I would assume with Covid, scholarships and schools will be more lenient this year. I know that some of the schools my daughter is applying to are being lenient with score receipts. One is saying they'll accept them up until the decision date (not sure how that works?), but each school/scholarship is different, so ask to make sure.
  4. Update!! Through searching the interwebs, I found that scores are sent on Wednesdays from the college board. Now, we paid for them to be sent on a Tuesday, but they must have missed the Wednesday send, but they made this past Wednesday send. My goodness, how hard is it to send when people request? LOL So, anyway, if you are sending scores from the College Board, do it before a Tuesday so that they don't wait a week to send out! Oh, yeah, we sent scores to more schools this past Tuesday. So the pending sends sent, and now the new sends are pending. LOL Also, as someone noted above, it's one score report with all scores unless you tell them you only want certain scores, so I regret scheduling scores to be sent BEFORE my daughter even took the test! Okay, it was free, but I still had to send other scores, resulting in the $12 fee for that school, so I didn't save ANY money because I could've just sent one score report with both tests on it for the same $12. I've learned a lot about the College Board and score sends, so I guess this was all for naught. LOL Angie
  5. Thanks for sharing this! I have a son (not a senior yet) I think this school will be perfect for...
  6. On the school's portal. On college board, we scheduled her August test to send before she even tested, so those were sent when the scores were released. We later decided to send her December scores as well because the school super-scores. The December test scores are the ones that haven't been sent yet according to the CB website.
  7. Thanks! I think we just need to be patient. I don't know why I thought an electronic send wouldn't take weeks to process. LOL
  8. Yes, she self-reported, but her EA school doesn't accept self-reported scores. According to her portal, her August 2020 scores have arrived at the school, but her December 2019 scores have not (the ones still showing pending on CB). This school super-scores, so really would like the December scores counted in as well. :) Thank you. It looks like we need to just be a bit more patient. LOL
  9. We selected Homeschool, and I'm glad we did. We didn't have to answer any information about what high school my daughter attended. I would assume either answer is okay, as technically, your homeschool student will receive a diploma. Our stat recognized homeschools as private schools, so we could've answered the other way as well. Angie
  10. We schedule one test's scores to send before my daughter took the test. The other test's scores were paid for and requested to send a week ago. This second test is still showing a "Pending" status. In other words, they have not sent yet. My daughter applied EA to her top choice school and is worried the scores will not show up in time. 😞 Does anyone know how long scores will sit at the "Pending" status once you pay to send them? I received the payment receipt for the sending of these test scores exactly one week ago today, and there is no explanation on the college Board website as to what "Pending" means or when they will actually send the scores. Thank you!
  11. I selected Home School for the type of diploma, so it never asked for our school name or location.
  12. For the FAFSA, I just selected Home School in the option of type of Diploma. I never had to select a school at that point. Edited to Add that "at that point" means that it never asked me to name our school or what state our school was in.
  13. My daughter is also applying to some selective schools. See if the schools your son is applying to superscore. They'll take the highest score from each area (EBRW and Math) and use those to make the highest score. For my DD, she took the SAT in December. Did okay, but needed to bring up her Math and wanted to bring up her EBRW. Well, that August test was horrible for the Reading section. Her EBRW score dropped 30 points, but her Math score went up 130 points, right where we wanted it, so her superscore will be in the range we needed. My daughter is also scheduled for the SAT for this Saturday (26th) and for the Saturday after that (10/3). She wants to still take these two tests, as though her superscore is where it needs to be, she wanted to get her EBRW up from the December test, and hopes the Reading portion isn't as brutal these next two tests. Angie
  14. I had my daughter take practice tests at home with a mask on to get used to it for the entire SAT (not sure how long the ACT test is, as we didn't go that route). Maybe try to find a mask that is more breatheable...It's so frustrating for these kids. 😞
  15. We did a lot of college searching last year, toured around 8 schools. With the lockdown, what has helped is watching youtube videos from students. Freshman move-in, a day in the life of a {Enter School Name} student, etc. You'll find some people post regularly, and so you get to see things that go on, issues students have, and stuff like that. As for testing, My daughter took the SAT in December of last year and got scores lower than what she wanted. So she tested in August and is also scheduled for September and October (Sept. and Oct. test dates are only one week apart, so what were we thinking? It'll all work out. We're so far behind schedule though. We planned to have all testing out of the way no later than June (This includes subject tests as some of the schools my daughter is interested in require them for Homeschoolers if not all their applicants). And then over the summer she was supposed to focus on essays. Now we are not done with testing, we will not get subject tests in at all (luckily the schools are being lenient on the subject tests), and her essay is not written yet. Well, she's written five different essays, but she hates them all. LOL She's signed up for an essay thing this month--every Saturday for 4 or 5 weeks. Anyway, the last two classes are on SAT days, so she has to see if the guy can change the time of the class on those two days because we're sure she won't be the only one taking the SAT on those days. This has been the only stress in my life for weeks, and it doesn't seem to be going away. We wanted all her applications in by October 1st, now we're hoping for October 15th...Hoping... Angie
  • Create New...