Menu

What's with the ads?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That's what some people I know do already. I was just wondering if there's a way when people want to buy their own. (For loyalty points or whatever)
  3. school yard work laundry boy, this list looks familiar. . .! ETA - I forgot that I need to take a package to the post office.
  4. Have one person coordinate, and everybody gives their cash to that person.
  5. Today
  6. I'd say that it's fine so long as both children are okay with it. (Or if you legitimately have no spare bedrooms and there just isn't any other way to do it, but that doesn't sound like the case here.) In our culture I suspect most brother/sister pairs, assuming they have a choice, will want separate bedrooms by the double digits or, at latest, early teens.
  7. We have a Lego room. It's a small extra side room in the house we rent. I just kick the Legos back in when they roll out. It's wonderful.
  8. Recently I get tiny bruises near the back of my knee when I wear those synthetic sweat wicking garments and exercise. Perhaps you were wearing a synthetic shirt and the material irritated your skin?
  9. J-rap

Tiny bruise?

I get both tiny and big bruises sometimes when I have no idea how or where I got them. I usually don't pay any attention to them. They always slowly get better, and then are gone. I probably would think nothing of it unless it continued or got worse. I suppose it could be a bug bite. Or something pinched it? Or maybe a blood vessel popped? (I'm sure that's not the right terminology, but maybe you know what I mean! :)) How tiny is it?
  10. Oh, well done!!! Love the colour: perfect for a home and business (Keep going, you're nearly there!) Thank you for the healing thoughts and prayers😘
  11. ds is going to do projects this summer - he's all gung ho currently to replace all outlets and switches (the outlets need to be). and how about paint first..., so need ideas for colors... I have travertine, that must be dealt with. otherwise, I have hardwood floors.
  12. At that age, my kids would probably be contacting the kids themselves to plan it, assuming that each kid would in turn ask their parent. If I was going to be there too, then my kids would tell that to the other kids, I guess with the assumption that if their parents questioned it they could call me. That said, we live in a fairly small community which has always felt very safe, and there really aren't too many places to hang out!
  13. Well done on both the 'tect challenge, and on your other categories too!!! (I gave a small groan when I saw that your Zak has an 's' on the end 😄; I missed that fact - think Peter Zak the composer - and will need to find another book to complete this months detective challenge.)
  14. Yes, our street has 3/4 of a million dollar homes and double wide trailers intermixed. It makes sense, perhaps, to go by what school you attend but that only helps to know the quality of different programs and teachers were similar not race or class since we have 1 high school for most of the town. Some on the edge of town travel to the neighboring school but once again rich and poor are mixed together.
  15. My two oldest (brother and sister) shared a room until somewhere around 9 - 11? Of course, they changed clothes in private. They knew that if the door was closed, the other was changing and had to stay out. On the other hand, I can see other arrangements working out, if necessary. Such as Fairfarmhand's example of older sister with younger brother.
  16. This is a brilliant idea, actually. Mine was much more mundane. I was actually thinking of one of those craft fair booth tents, the kind where you have a roofing thing that lets light through but not actual sunshine, and has detachable or roll up sides. That platform tent is much more hefty, and I imagine that it would last longer. A little dark, maybe. But it’s so inviting. Probably too nice for exercise equipment in the back yard though. No, this would be for back yard glamping when the house is hot in the summer. (We don’t have appreciable quantities of mosquitoes here, so open air like that would work just fine.)
  17. After hearing back from the school re:CELF-5, I feel fairly confident that dd is okay in that area. As far as math, I still need to ask about method/structure of instruction. I was going to ask today, but dd has requested a tour of the school, and that took up a lot of time. I’ll send an email at some point. Is the best strategy Ronit Bird? I bought all of Kate Snow’s books as PDF’s on sale awhile back. Any other tips on math?
  18. I just ordered Complete Guide to ACT English by Erica Meltrer and For the Love of ACT science based on the good Amazon reviews. I would like recommendations for ACT math prep books. There's this College Pand's ACT math that I hesitate to get now. If you have used math ACT books that improved scores a lot, please recommend them here. I like to have separate subject prep books. Ds will also use prep books with practice tests to get the full tests for time management practice. He would like to take ACT in September. Thanks!
  19. Even if they organize it on their own, I am in the “trust but verify” camp. I love that my kid takes initiative to plan details, but since there are non-drivers and parents whose kids leave them out of the loop, I have found it a good idea to contact the parents to make sure they are also informed and on board with the plan.
  20. I think I would probably be okay with it until either one begins puberty. For my child this was early, at around 8 years old.
  21. I'm home. Now I'm going to go to bed so I can go to work in the morning. And then do school. And then go to work...
  22. Wow that’s quite a property! I was thinking you could roll up the sides of a yurt. Maybe what I had in mind is a platform tent? Adding the link because maybe you want to order one.😁 https://www.coloradoyurt.com/tents/the-basics/
  23. Tech staff is all on vacation. I just need a new iPad. This one is having myriad issues. But I've been spending money like it was water lately. So, I don't think I'll be getting a new iPad anytime soon.
  24. Since this is a homeschool board here is a unit-study-worthy explanation of corn pollination and fertilization: https://www.aganytime.com/Corn/Pages/Article.aspx?name=A-Closer-Look-at-Corn-Pollination&fields=article&article=910
  25. I gave dudeling someone's old phone and he's on ting.com. it uses sprints towers? I can control how much he uses, so it's <$15 a month. (and only because I added the minimum of data as it's better tracking. I installed life360 to track him.)
  26. In case it wasn't obvious I'm a bit passionate about corn. My farmer grandpa was known locally as The Corn King and I helped grow and sale sweet corn on the family farm when I was a kid. That's the background to my username 🙂
  1. Load more activity