Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Janeway I am sending all the prayers to your son right now. I am so sorry.
  3. How devastating! I'm so sorry. Praying with all my might
  4. Prayers for you and your family
  5. Now I’m curious- what was the essay prompt?
  6. Praying for your son and your family, Janeway. 💙
  7. But with the drug being one that could possibly be abused, I can understand a new doctor being hesitant. I would assume length of diagnosis and length of treatment would be something a doctor would take into account. Long standing diagnosis and stable on a med for years would look very different compared to say a recent diagnosis of a college student and a not very robust medicine history. It sounds like the OP's son had a diagnosis as a child, was prescribed meds but was not taking them currently. My daughter has been diagnosed twice, at age 18 and 19, and is now 24 and was stable on Vyvanse for about four years before getting her next psychiatrist. The psychiatrist accepted the two diagnoses and current treatment plan, while the OP's son does not have a current diagnosis or a current treatment plan. 🤷‍♀️
  8. I did the Sutab tablet prep. You can take them just with water if you want. No weird stuff to drink. It was so much easier than any other prep I read about, and no cramping at all. it's definitely what I will request again next time.
  9. The existence of a market is not the fault of the patient. They use baby formula to make meth. Not the baby’s fault. When a mother of twins is prevented from buying enough formula at a time without showing up at the store without a doctor’s note, the world has gone whacko. I live with three people with ADHD. We have a lot of expensive documentation spanning multiple timeframes. Documentation necessary for diagnosis that is not always covered by insurance. BTDT There are also PLENTY of medical conditions that are subjective. There are plenty of objective conditions that people are doubted for. I don’t think most doctors would be in business long if they didn’t accept the vast majority of existing diagnoses that come their way because patients and insurance companies would get tired of watching which way the wind blows. Do they change treatment plans sometimes to optimize new information or being fresh eyes? Sure!
  10. Today
  11. My son committed to UCLA yesterday! Then he went and declined the rest of the schools he was accepted to. Berkeley was the toughest to find the withdrawal button - we joked that they probably couldn't believe someone would be declining admission! The rest were much easier to find. 🙂
  12. There is not a medical test for Adhd -- it is much more subjective - based on parent report, patient report, and psychologist's own analysis. Unfortunately, not all psychologists are created equal, and some are laxer with their diagnosing. Plus, there's not exactly a hot market for scoliosis rods.
  13. I was thinking maybe an internally circulated version as a joke, having co-authored a gag document once for a prickly, semi-misunderstood co-worker we were trying to win over (with boss permission). It worked, lol! He even played Santa for the Christmas party for employee’s kids later on (and was marvelous).
  1. Load more activity